Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011 Monday Dinner Time

Friday night we watched the movie Strapped. It was a good movie. Watched a couple TV shows on the DVR before going to bed around 10 PM. Tony fell asleep around 9 PM on the couch.

Saturday was suppose to be a nice day for the first half and the second half (after 3 PM) rain. Well, the weatherman got it backwards because it rained all morning and cleared up a little after 3 PM in the afternoon. It did not rain all morning and we were able to go to a rummage sale in the morning at a church around the corner from our house. We also took our 1965 Cadillac to a car show about 45 minutes away. It drizzled a little on the way there and after about 10 minutes of getting there it started pouring. On the way home from the car show we stopped at a Menard's to buy a gas grill that was on sale so Tony can take ours at home to work for the employees to cook out on this summer. Bought a couple other items and headed home. Tony then spent the entire rest of the day, about 5 hours, putting the new gas grill together. There were so many pieces and I am glad he did it rather than me. Made dinner and we spent the night watching more TV shows on the DVR.

Sunday morning we got up around 7 AM, fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and started reading the morning newspaper. It was sunny outside and suppose to get into the 80s so we called Tony's mother to see if she wanted to go out for breakfast since a car show was not far from her house. We took Tony's mom out for breakfast, dropped her off at her home and went to the car show. Drove the lakefront all the way home from the car show with the top down. After we were home for a while I suggested we go to Home Depot to buy some more flowers and some bark chips for the front and side yard and a new 3 x 4 foot plastic panel for the canopy on the side yard that the wind destroyed last weekend. On the way home, right in front of our house I found a turtle running across the road. I yelled for Tony to stop the car and I jumped out of the car and grabbed it before another car ran it over. It was about 8 inches long. I ran it into our side yard and put it in our pond. We then emptied the car of bark chip bags. While Tony cut the front grass I spread out the 12 bags of bark chips. Sunday was out 18th anniversary of our Holly Union. Tony bought me flowers on Saturday and we exchanged cards over dinner. We made some big Tbone steaks on our new gas grill. They turned out great. Spent the night watching the Billboard Music Awards on TV before going to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM, fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot, and sent Tony to work for the day. I read a little of the newspaper before going outside to start repairing the canopy that the wind tore apart a week ago with the plastic panel I bought Sunday at Home Depot. As I was working on it I noticed the turtle trying like heck to get out of the pond. I knew this was not forever and got the fish net out, scooped him out and put him in a bucket. I then drove to the park a mile away and let it go in the pond at the park. I think it will be much happier there. Came home and spent the rest of the morning doing laundry and things around the house, also finishing the canopy repair. Around noon I went to Pick N Save to buy some fresh produce for the week. Bought an already cooked chicken for tonight's dinner. Tony will not be happy unless I debone first before serving it to him. Actually he will not be happy I am serving chicken but he will get over it. I do like chicken once in a while. Making some rice, corn and a salad with the chicken. Tonight we will watch the last Dancing With The Stars show and then switch to the CBS TV lineup. I think I got too much sun between yesterday and today, my face is really red and feels burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment