Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011 Monday Dinner Time

Saturday was a very cold rainy day in Milwaukee. Tony saw a car in the morning newspaper that he wanted to look at in Dousman which is about 45 minutes west, through the construction. He pretty much had his mind set that he wanted to see the car so there was no changing his mind. I rode along with him to see the car in the rain. Looked at the car and thankfully he did not buy it on the spot. He needs another old car as much as a hole in the head. This car is a 1966 Cutlass. He already is working on a 1964 and 1965 Cutlass. Jeez. To me they are all the same. Came home and the nephew had called saying he was ready to move his stuff into his new rental. So in the drizzle we moved his stuff with the truck and my car in three loads. He is moving into a dump in the ghetto. I would not want to live anywhere close to where he is moving to much less in the dump of a place he will be calling home. There were even 4 cats living in the attic when we walked around the place. Spent the rest of the day watching Repo Games and Parking Wars. I can't believe there is a TV show where when they come to repossess your car, if you answer three out of five questions correctly, they will pay the fine and not tow your car. Of course these people on the show are the dumbest people you would ever see on TV. One girl thought Bill Clinton was the one who discovered electricity. Nice to watch shows where you feel more superior to them mentally. Much less the questions were so easy. Went to bed around 10 PM.

Sunday it was very very very windy and cold. Wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour all day. I had to go up and fix the Batman car the Morning Dove bird nest is under several times. Put some bricks around and in the car as I saw it almost blow away with one big wind burst that came. Watching the mother and father on camera trying to save the nest was heartbreaking. It is very rare to see both birds in the nest like they were yesterday. I still can not see how many eggs are in the nest. Thankfully it looks like they made it through the storm. The birds are still on the nest today. It must have been a horrible couple days for these two birds trying to hold down their nest. I even lost some of my fiber glass panels on the awning from the wind again. Went to Kohl's Department store in the afternoon to buy a pair of jeans and dress pants that fit me since I have gained so much weight. Ended up finding a pair of each after trying on about 15 pants. Thankfully in sizes I can feel OK about. Not only were they and everything else we bought on sale but Tony won another 20% off with a scratch off promotion. We also got another $30 to spend this week at the store so I will have to go back and get a couple shirts while the coupons are good. Spent the afternoon watching more Parking Wars and some shows on the DVR. Watched Desperate Housewives before going to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM. Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and sent Tony to work. After reading the morning newspaper and having a bowl of cereal I showered and headed out the door to go to the bank and buy a few grocery items. Was home before 11:30 AM. Did a little cleaning around the house before taking a two hour nap. Making a frozen beef roast and noodles for dinner with a salad. Tonight we will watch Dancing With The Stars and Castle before going to bed. Made an appointment for Barkley to have his nails trimmed at the vet tomorrow late afternoon. Also made a dental appointment for Wednesday since I think I damaged the two teeth I had fixed a month ago. Have to lay off the lemon drops and milk duds I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment