Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27, 2011 Tuesday Dinner Time

The nurse finally called me around 5:15 PM on Monday to tell me the doctor would rather I see a Urologist for my prostate pain then her give me a stronger antibiotic. The nurse gave me the name of the Urologist doctor she wanted me to see. Of course it was too late to make an appointment at this time of day so that would have to wait. Made a frozen pizza and salad for dinner. Spent the night watching Dancing With The Stars and then Castle before going to bed. I must admit I am not impressed with any of the dancers this season.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Around 9:30 AM I called the Urologist to make an appointment. The soonest the scheduler could see an opening was over two weeks down the road, so she connected me with the Urologists nurse's answering machine to leave a message and try to get an earlier appointment, than over two weeks from now. The nurse finally called around 11:30 AM to tell me the soonest appointment she had was Friday October 7th at 8 AM. I am not fond of any appointment that early in the day. It is hard enough to clear my head at that time of day much less clear the area that the doctor will probably want to go up into. I am trying to be sensitive here. LOL. I took the appointment since I have no choice. The last thing the nurse told me was to continue the antibiotic I am on at least until that appointment since a prostate infection takes at least a 30 day of antibiotic to get rid of the infection. See, I guess the prostate has very little blood flow. Since an antibiotic goes into your blood stream, it take a lot longer for it to help the prostate. I told the nurse I only had enough antibiotic left to last me until this Saturday which would be 20 days on the antibiotic. She then told me to call my regular doctor back and get another 10 days of the antibiotic. So then I was on the phone again with my regular doctor's nurse trying to get another 10 days of antibiotic. She told me she would check with the doctor and if I haven't heard from her or the pharmacy by tomorrow night to call her back. I honestly hate all this crap. By this time it was 1 PM in the afternoon today and I figured since I was making spaghetti for dinner and had no lettuce, to just go do my regular Wednesday grocery shopping today and get it over with. So I went grocery shopping. Got home and spent the afternoon doing more laundry with the new washing machine. It is so nice to see clothes in water. Already made the salads and garlic bread for dinner, the sauce is boiling, and the noodles will go in the boiling water around the time Tony gets home from work. Will spend the night watching Glee, Dancing Results and Body of Proof before going to bed tonight. Hopefully I will get the prescription called in and go to Walgreen's tomorrow. The prostate pain is not more than a 4 on a 1 to 10 scale, but it is enough pain or should I say uncomfortableness, to make me want to just do nothing. I figure the feeling I have down in that area must be what a woman feels once a month. It just hurts and you want to do nothing. It rained on and off all day again today. I think we have gotten the months worth of rain in the past few days it has rained so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment