Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012 Monday Afternoon

We did not even leave the house on Saturday. Spent the day watching TV and doing absolutely nothing all day. It was cold outside in Milwaukee so it felt good to stay inside all day. We did watch two movies. Watched Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 and Footloose. I thought Twilight was boring and the original Footloose was better than the remake. Went to bed around 10:30 PM after a little lovin.

Sunday we were up by 7 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Tony spent the morning putting the last of the caulking around the tub. I think it is almost finished. Tried to cut some of Vito's hair. Jeez, is he a beast. Even with Tony holding him with a muzzle on he was able to get loose and bite my finger. He did a lot of damage. Got my thumb nail and split if from the bottom to the top. Blood every where. Got myself cleaned up and a bandage to stop the bleeding. Hardly got any hair cut off Vito, but though it best to leave him as he was and my finger in a bandage. Left the house around noon to go to Tony's mom's house for spaghetti. Had a nice spaghetti lunch at her house. Stopped off for gas and lottery tickets on the way home, as well we stopped at Stein's Garden for some bird food. Premium gas is $3.79 a gallon in Milwaukee. Tony spent the afternoon napping on the couch as I did a couple loads of laundry. Made some tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper since we were not very hungry from the big spaghetti lunch. Spent the night watching TV on the DVR. Got about half the shows on the DVR watched. Did not watch the awards show since I figure I will hear all about it for days on the news and entertainment shows. Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the morning watching TV and washing the bedding laundry. Took a shower around 10:30 AM and got ready to go to Walmart and then my doctor. Left for Walmart around noon. Figured I would get Vito two more months of Insulin as well as a lot of other items we needed in bulk since Walmart is right next to my doctor's office. Got to the doctor's office for my 2:30 PM appointment. Was a little scared to look at the numbers this time around since I was so sick when the blood was drawn. Even so, I went to this appointment with the least anxiety I have had in the past visiting the doctor. OK, now for the numbers. Kinda a mixed bag of good news. My percentage went down by 1% to 25%, but my TCell count went from 350 to 504. WOW! It has always been a personal goal to get over 400. I never imagined such a high number considering how sick I was when I had the blood drawn. Normal is between 410 and 1590. So my TCell count is now on the low side of normal. Good news. The percentage should be between 31% and 60%. So I have a little ways to go. My percent was increasing each time except for this one. My PSA test came back normal also which is good because of my family history. So all in all I am very happy with my numbers. Got to the appointment early which turned out to be a good thing because the appointment prior to mine canceled. Was in an out in no time at all. Spent more time at Walmart than at the doctor's office. Spent $250 at Walmart though, way too much, but mostly things we needed like two months of Insulin and needles. Will spend the night watching a movie or TV. Making a meat loaf and rice with a salad for dinner. Was in the 30s today in Milwaukee with the sun out. Actually not a bad day if it were not for the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave!

    I'm glad to know that your CD4 count is over 500! I know it was one of your goals to improve this number.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete