Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10, 2013 Wednesday Afternoon

Some days just don't go as planned.
Got up this morning at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Another horrible weather day in Milwaukee today.  In the high 30s, rain, wind, and just damp and raw outside.  Read the morning newspaper and then showered.  Called the vet to see if she had left a prescription for Stella.  Was told I could pick it up and it was Rimadyl.  Left the house around 9:30 AM and first went to McDonald's to try the steak burrito on sale.  Then went to the vet to get the prescription on my way to Pick N Save.  Sixty pills of Rimadyl for Stella was $126.  I looked at the lady ringing me up and asked her if she made a mistake.  So that means this last visit to the vet for Stella cost us $306.  Put the pills on my credit card and went to Pick N Save.  Bought the weekly groceries and came home.  Spent the next two hours just laying on the couch wishing the weather would change.  Around 1 PM I left the house to go to my planning board meeting for ARCW.  My car has not been running very good lately and I even stopped at Tony's shop yesterday on my way home from Home Depot to tell him the car shakes at stop signs and now the low coolant light was on.  He put a container of coolant in the car yesterday.  Well, by the time I got to the parking lot at ARCW my engine was blowing smoke or steam.  Parked the car and called Tony.  Of course his first words were 'what do you want me to do'.   He did not say it in a 'helpful' tone of voice and more sarcastic.  I told him again something was wrong and now that I look under the car something is dripping from the engine.  I then planned on going to my meeting and having Tony meet me at the parking lot after the meeting to either take my car or follow me home.  I have blown an engine in the past not stopping driving it when it smoked and remember clearly catching holly hell for the blown engine from Tony.  So I did not want this happening again.  When I went to get my ticket for parking the attendant told me since my car was leaking I could not park it in the lot.  Called Tony back to come to the parking lot downtown and get the car.  While I waited I ran into the building to tell the people I was suppose to meet with that I would not be able to attend today's meeting due to the car problem.  Waited for Tony and soon he arrived.  I followed him home, best I could.  It was like he didn't want me following him the way he drove so fast.  We parted a few blocks from our house and shop, me in the truck, Tony in my car.  Waited a half hour or so and then called Tony to see if he had a chance to see what was wrong with my car.  He said he has never in all his 35 years of working on cars seen what happened to my car.  The fan in the engine was in pieces.  No fan blade longer than 4 inches and the pieces all over the engine, one must have cut the coolant line.  So I guess it was a good thing I called him because he said he had to turn off the car twice on the way home so the engine wouldn't blow.  I would have most likely blown the engine by not turning off the car.  So now I am without my car for a while, and I think it will be a long while since Tony is very busy at his shop right now with paying customers.  Will most likely be driving our truck during the repair.  So today has not been a good day.  Expensive, cold, rainy and a pain in the butt.  Think I will just make a frozen pizza and salads tonight since I feel like just crawling under a blanket and going to sleep.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV from the DVR since we stopped watching American Idol weeks ago.  We are suppose to get some snow tonight.  As I type that I even caught myself shaking my head in disbelief.  Snow in April.  What a terrible Spring we have had so far.  I would call it a continuation of Winter up to this point and no end is in sight.  Suppose to be cold rain, sleet and snow all day tomorrow.  Guess I will be in the house with the dogs staying warm, without my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment