Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Friday night we went to a friends house around 7:30 PM for their Anniversary party.  Was nice to sit around with friends and we had a great time.  The fireplace was crackling and the conversation was flowing.  We had fun and didn't get home until close to 11 PM.  Went to bed after I had a nice soak in the hot tub.  It felt so good.

Saturday morning we were up by 7 AM.  By noon it was nice enough to get outside in the sun and do things around the yard.  Had Tony pull out the long ladder so we could fix one of the pride flags on the side of the house that came apart from the pole.  Planned out how we were going to finish the back fence along the drive and pulled out the old fencing.  Spent until supper time working on getting the old fence out and the new fencing panels I had in place.  Since we did not have a fence post pounder to pound the poles in we called it a day around 5 PM.  Fed the dogs supper and took showers.  Order a pizza delivered and spent the night watching Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2.  Had downloaded it long time ago and figured we better watch it before we forget all the other movies leading up to this last one.  Went to bed after I soaked in the hot tub around 10:30 PM.

Sunday morning we were again up by 7 AM.  Woke up on the same side of the bed, which is rare since Stella usually moves between us during the night, and things started 'growing' which turned into a round of lovin.  Got up and spent the early morning reading the Sunday newspaper and made breakfast.  We left the house around 11 AM to buy lottery tickets on our way to Home Depot to buy the brackets and metal strips we needed to put the back fence together.  Also ended up buying a fence pole pounder and other stuff.  Thank goodness for credit cards.  LOL.  Came home and spent the afternoon working on the fence with Tony.  I help him when he needs it, otherwise it is best to just let him do the project and I work on my own project close by, ready to help him.  I have learned if I am fortunate enough to get him working on a project to leave him be so he keeps working on it.  Got the fence all secured and landscaped.  I did the landscaping around him as he put up the fencing.  Turned out pretty good.  Have a little more work to do and I was hoping to do it today.  Between the rain and the tenants car in the way, it will have to wait a day more.  Came in the house around 5:30 PM and after we fed the dogs we ordered food delivered again, Lasagna.  Spent the night watching TV from the DVR.  Finished off the last episode of Walking Dead and a couple CSI shows.  Went to sleep around 10 PM dead tired from the hard work outside all day.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Had to drag myself out of bed this morning and would have loved to just stay happily under the covers.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Spent the early morning reading the newspapers and then showered so I could be ready to take Stella to her 10:30 AM vet appointment.  Tony came home around 10:15 and we took Stella to the vet.  Since she is having problems walking on her back left leg and surgery might be in her future like she had three years ago on her right leg, I thought it best to have Tony there to hear it from the doctors mouth.  Ended up getting a blood test to see if she can stomach the anti inflammatory meds.  I think they do this just to add another $90 to the bill. Got her nails trimmed since she would need them trimmed in a couple weeks anyway.  Doctor doesn't think surgery is needed right now and we will put her on a course of anti inflammatory and pain pills for a while.  If things don't get better and she keeps limping and hopping we will have to have xrays and maybe surgery later down the road.  Total bill today was $180.  Stopped off at McDonald's for 2 double hamburgers, one for each of us, and brought Stella home.  It had stopped raining but still cloudy and damp outside so I decided to take a nice two hour nap with the dogs.  Had a great nap since Stella's pain pill made her fall asleep in the living room and I had the bed and just three out of four dogs.  Making a pork loin roast and mashed potatoes for supper tonight with a salad.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars before going for a soak in the hot tub and then to sleep.  Tomorrow I have an 8 AM dental appointment to have a new filling put on for the one I broke.  Hate early appointments but it was all they had.  Will have to get up by 6 AM just to be ready and out the door by 7:30 AM.  Means shots and I am already feeling the anxiety.  I keep telling myself, by this time tomorrow it will be over.  I hate going to the dentist.  I have a rash again this year on my forehead, nose and back of my neck.  I again have to assume it is from the HIV meds and the sun.  I never got this rash before taking HIV meds.  Will have to put sun screen on from now on when I go outside to protect from the sun.  Been working outside in the sun without it and you can see the rash.   Have gotten this rash the last four years in the sun before I smarten up and put on sun screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment