Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16, 2013 Tuesday Afternoon

Spent last night watching Dancing With The Stars and then Castle in bed.  Missed the first hour of dancing due to being on the Internet and talking with my sister and dad on the phone.  My brother moved in some girl into his home and we did some research and she has a criminal past and record.  Guess my brother was clueless and doesn't seem to care since he is so happy to have someone living with him, much less it being a girl.  My brother is a whole other story.  Went to bed around 10:20 PM after hearing the news headlines about the horrible bombings at the Boston marathon today.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Showered and was out the door around 8 AM to go to my 8:30 AM foot doctor appointment.  Brought all the foot inserts I have bought in the past month just to show him how uncomfortable I am walking and how I am doing all I can.  He showed me the xray showing nothing is broken, but also showed me the part of the film where it shows a lot of swelling.  Since it is not healing with what I have been doing the doctor said I need to wear a 'medical boot' for 4 weeks when I walk, and do limited / only needed walking for 4 weeks.  This is so the toe does not curl up when I walk, leaving it to heal.  Was not happy to hear this because I really enjoy my walks along the river and going without them for a month with the Summer coming is going to kill me.  Doctor said I should stop the walks for the month and work on my upper body as a work out.  Have to give that some thought.  Got home from the doctor by 9:30 AM and called the place on the other side of town where I would buy / get a medical boot.   Drove to the south side of town to get the boot and took about an hour for all the insurance paperwork to go through and them to tell me I owe $30 for my copay on the boot.  Paid and drove home with boot on left foot.  Stopped at Tony's shop to show him but he was not there.  Drove to Walgreen's to pick up my anti inflammatory meds the doctor called in and wants me to take for the next month until I go back to see him.  It is very hard to walk in this boot and I will not be liking this.  Took a nap with the dogs even though the sun is out and 50 degrees, and I should be walking by the river.  Making sweet and sour chicken and rice with a salad for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night watching Splash, Dance Results, and Body Of Proof before going to bed tonight.  Here is a picture of my new medical boot on my foot, with Vito in the back ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment