Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Spent Friday night watching the movies 13 Eerie and The Bay.  Both were good movies and we both enjoyed them.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

Saturday we were up by 7 AM.  After we fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot we spend the morning reading the newspaper and watching home improvement shows on TV.  Around 11 AM we went to Menard's so I could buy the materials I need to replace the roof in the hot tub / sun room.  I built this room myself about 15 years ago and am actually surprised it has held up until now.  There are some spots that are rotting out and the roof leaks a bit in heavy rain.  So I figure this will be my next big project.  We bought all the roofing panels I needed and spent over $200.  Stopped off at Arby's for lunch.  Came home and Tony spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV while I did things outside around the yard.  I will wait until next weekend for Tony to help me remove the current sun room roof since it is a two person job on ladders.  I can then do most of the work from that point on my own.  Of course the weather is a big factor and this next week does not look like a good time to remove a roof on a room with rain a couple days in the forecast.  Made salads and a pizza for supper.  Spent the night watching the movies Deadfall and End Of Watch.  Both were great movies.  Went to the bedroom and did the lovin thing before going to bed.

Sunday we again were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  After we spent some time reading the Sunday newspaper we showered and went out for breakfast.  Since this is my 'birthday week' I figured I deserved a good Sunday breakfast so we went to Hubbard Park Lodge for an all you can eat family style breakfast.  Was expensive but I figured I am worth it.  Stopped off to buy the $19 worth of weekly lottery tickets to find out we won $34 on last weeks tickets.  I was happy since that paid for breakfast.  We have been playing the same numbers for over 20 years, never missing a day, buying them by the week.  I figure it is past time for us to win the big one.  Took a short nap with the dogs in the afternoon which turned into another round of lovin.  Went to a church festival around 4:30 PM because Tony entered a gift in the silent raffle.  Had a soda and listened to the polka band as long as we were able.  Stopped off at McDonald's for supper and brought it home.   Fed the dogs first and then ate our cold McDonald's food.  Spent the night watching Amazing Race, The Good Wife and The Mentalist before going to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Spent the early morning reading the newspapers.  Went outside in the sun, yes sun, and spent the morning working around the pond setting up the lights since it got to 50 degrees today.  Was a little hard to get around with the boot on my foot but I got the job done.  Will have to bury the wires under the rock when I can bend down better without the boot on.  It should look nice tonight when it gets dark.  Also strung two sets of ropes lights along the side fence next to the pond.  Hopefully it will shine on the water nice at night.  Went out back and spray painted the old fence gate out back.  The gate is actually old, but it looks new now that it is painted black like the rest of the fence we put up a couple weekends ago.  Tried to take a nap with the dogs but ended up just watching the dogs and listening to music as I laid there.  Going to get a Little Caesar's Pizza for supper tonight and will make some salads to go with it.  Been seeing their commercial for the deep dish pizza and I have a taste for it. 

Tomorrow is my 52nd birthday.  I have to tell you, this one has taken a toll on me.  I shake my head in disbelieve every time I think I am going to be 52 years old.  Where have all the years gone?  Have I done enough in those years or have I wasted them?  It is so sad to think I am way past half way through life.  Seems there is so much more life to live.  But I am thankful just to be here.  I do have to make some changes and am getting mad at myself for not doing them.  Stopping smoking is first on my list and I am mad I am even still sneaking cigs while Tony is at work or in the shower.  Have to stop taking naps and live life rather than sleep it away.  I do sometimes think 'have I accomplished what I wanted in life'.   The answer is a hesitant 'yes'.  I look around and see my happy home with my husband and dogs.   I love my home and my life being a house husband.  Is this where I thought I would be at this time of life?   I honestly do.  I have everything I always wanted, except the HIV of course.  So I guess I should stop feeling bad and down about the birthday and celebrate all I have now on that day?   I think I will do just that.  Came to me as I was typing and I think I should listen to myself for once and just enjoy life and be happy with what I do have.  I have a loving family and friends, what more could a guy ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment