Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24, 2013 Wednesday Afternoon

Since it was raining and we had a big lunch I made spaghetti for supper.  Tony came home around 5:30 PM with this 'look' on his face.  Soon I found out why when he told me, with wallet open in hand, that he did stop at Walgreen's to buy me a birthday card but then realized he had no money.  I then asked him why he didn't just put a card on the credit card and he gave me this blank look.  So no card from my husband on my birthday, wow.  Of course he promised to buy me one the next day but that is just not the same or right.  Spent the night watching Splash, Dance Results and Body of Proof before going to bed.  Had a big piece of birthday cake and ice cream around 8 PM.  Here is this year's birthday picture and cake.
This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Spent the morning reading the newspaper and then headed out the door around 10 AM for some breakfast burritos at McDonald's and grocery shopping at Pick N Save.  Spent the rest of the morning and afternoon just doing things around the house listening to music.  It is sunny today but only got up to 48 degrees.  Cool breeze off the lake is not helping heat the air.  Tony will be home soon so he can shower and be ready to leave the house at 5 PM when my mom and dad get here to our house to pick us up to go out for supper and the play Catch Me If You Can.  Since we are season ticket holders there was a special offer to get free tickets so I got four tickets, twofor my parents and two for a couple we have Friday lunch with.   They are great seats and the show should be nice too being a musical.  Hopefully Tony or I won't fall asleep.  I got next years subscription and they price went up to $918 for two tickets to five shows.  One of the shows is War Horse so I will end up putting the years tickets on the credit card I am sure.  Should have taken a nap this afternoon, hopefully a second cup of coffee will wake me up.  Will be nice to have supper with the parents and time at the show also with them.  Nice also to get them free tickets and do something for them to repay for all they do for Tony and I.  I am sure we will not get home until after 10 PM.  The dogs will just have to deal with it.  They will have to get fed early tonight at 4:30 PM so we can be out the door at 5 PM.  There is a heat wave coming we are told.  Suppose to be in the 60s this weekend and maybe even 70 by next week.  I am so excited.  Will be so nice to open some windows and get some fresh air in the house.  Made the mistake of going to the grocery store without my boot and man am I sorry I did that.  My foot swelled bad and I am not happy I did grocery shopping without it on.  I guess I will be wearing it for a while yet.  I thought it was better, but walking without the boot seemed to make it as bad or worse than it was two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment