Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Spent Friday night watching TV from the DVR.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

Saturday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  After we read the morning newspaper we headed outside and started tearing off the hot tub / sun room roof.  Had the roof panels removed by noon and spent the rest of the day replacing the rotten wood around one of the corners and some other areas where it was leaking.  Got the room ready for paint and the new ceiling panels but stopped working on the project around 4 PM so we could shower and get to a fundraiser at night for ARCW and HIV / AIDS.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his night time shot and left the house around 5:30 PM.  Had a great time at the fundraiser and had a great steak supper.  We were both very tired from working outside all day, plus my foot was killing me from being on it all day, so we left before desert came and went down to play the slots.  We both dropped $20 into a few machines and walked away with nothing.  Didn't win a thing.  Got home around 10:30 PM and after doing the loving thing we went to sleep.

Sunday morning we were again up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the early morning reading the newspaper and after I made breakfast, we headed outside again to continue on the hot tub / sun room ceiling project.  Got two coats of pain on the new wood by noon and after the paint dried we started putting up and securing the new corrugated roof panels.  Around 3 PM I could not see anymore.  I must have burnt my eyes in the sun and I could not keep them open for any length of time without pain and watering.  Tony ended up finishing the roof by 5:30 PM as I helped hand him things and clean up around the room.  Made some steaks on the grill with salads and spend the night watching Amazing Race, The Good Wife and Mentalist.  Did the loving thing while we watching The Mentalist.  My eyes were still watering when I went to bed from the burning of my eyes today in the sun.   Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony left for work and I soon went outside to start painting again.  Put two coats of pain on the room and didn't finish until around 3 PM this afternoon.  Wore sunglasses and a hat while I painted so I would not hurt my eyes again and get my face and skin burnt in the sun.  The room is finished and I am happy with how it turned out.  I can now move on to another project.  It was close to 70 degrees today but around 3 PM it started to drizzle and the wind shifted dropping the temperature around 10 degrees.  Making sweet and sour chicken and a salad for supper tonight.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and then Castle before we go to bed.  I am beat from painting all day and soon will take a pain pill to help with the pain.  Suppose to be 80 degrees tomorrow, but we shouldn't get too excited since it will be back in the 40s and 50s later in the week.  Better enjoy tomorrow.  Was nice to have the windows open for a while today and get some fresh air into the house.


  1. Dave do you have any thoughts or comments about the latest news on a cure for HIV or do you follow the trials? Just curious. Here's the link

  2. Hello There. I found your blog using msn.
    This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it
    and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post.
    I will certainly comeback.

    Visit my weblog ... flying Games