Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 21, 2011 Thursday Afternoon

Yesterday was another horrible day weather wise here in Milwaukee. I don't even think it got into the 40s all day and it was cloudy and rained. Stayed close to home all day and took a long nap in the afternoon. Last night we went to see the play Les Miserables for my third time. As you all know this is my favorite play and I even bought tickets to see it again on Saturday, my Birthday. Well, the show was not as good as the last two times I had seen it. The first time I saw the play the stage turned like a wheel as the scenes changed. It was unbelievable and I fell in love with the show. The second time we saw it in Chicago and it was in the round. It was even more awesome than the first time I saw it. Last night the stage was 'set' and it was just not as good. The women were not strong singers and I thought put the play to shame. I cry every time I see the show and get tears just listening to the soundtrack. Last night I never shed a tear and never got chills like the last two times. I was very disappointed. So when we got home I put our Saturday tickets on Craigslist.com to try and sell them. I got a call a little while ago from a lady who is calling me back in a little while to confirm she is going to buy them. I figure at $65 a piece it just is not worth it to see it again. I actually enjoyed the 25th Anniversary Special on TV more than the performance last night. So disappointing since I was so looking forward to this show for so long. Went to bed around 11:30 PM after giving Tony a little lovin.


This morning I was up at 6 AM to feed the dogs, give Vito his shot and get him to the vet by 7:30 AM for another day of blood tests to see how his diabetes is doing. Picked up some breakfast at McDonald's and came home. Read the newspaper and watched a little TV before taking a shower and going to the grocery store to buy a couple items so we don't have to go again this weekend. Being my birthday weekend I don't plan on cooking all weekend. The sun is finally out today. I just got back from taking Stella for a walk. If I get more energy I might take a couple more dogs for walks around the block. It is suppose to get to 50 today and the sun should be out most of the day so I am much more happy about the weather than I have been the last couple weeks. It is actually suppose to stay above 50 degrees during the day for the next week or so. Lets hope we have had the last of snow and this cold weather. Making a beef roast for dinner tonight with baked potato and corn and a salad. Will watch the American Idol results and Greys Anatomy tonight on TV. Tomorrow is lunch with the guys and then I have to go to the north side and get the birthday cake I ordered for myself. I wasn't going to get an expensive birthday cake this year since we just got one for Tony's birthday a month ago. But I thought WTF my 50th birthday isn't going to come along again. Will have to figure out what to do on my birthday Saturday if I sell these tickets. Have to do something big now that we most likely will not being seeing Les Miserables again as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment