Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 24, 2011 Sunday Morning

I am now 50 years old!

Friday we had lunch with the guys. Was an enjoyable lunch as always. After lunch I dropped Tony off at his shop and I drove to get my birthday cake I had ordered the day before. When they brought out the cake I could not believe my eyes. The person took the order wrong and the cake was HUGE. It was too big. I told them it was beautiful and all but there is only my partner and I who will be eating it. Ended up buying a smaller cake in a different flavor. Came home and took a short nap. Tony got home a little before 6 PM and we spent the night watching TV.

Saturday morning after feeding the dogs and giving Vito his shot we discussed today's birthday plans. Since Tony had come up with nothing so I decided we would spend the day pricing and planning for the sunroom I would like to have built off the side of the house and the pool I would evenually like in the room. So I had a list of pool stores and sunroom places we could visit to get some ideas and pricing. What a waste of a day. I figured $40,000 would make a good sunroom. The first place we went to was a pool place, they had only two pools. The second stop was a sunroom store that we spent 45 minutes finding out it would cost more like $70,000 for any sunroom due to the fact a foundation for the room would have to be 4 feet deep into the ground, making the cost so high. So that visit was a bust and killed my dream. The third stop was another sunroom store that no longer even builds sunrooms. So we decided to go to Olive Garden for their $4.99 soup, salad and breadsticks only to find out after we order a drink that that special is only during the week and it would be $10.99 for the same thing. I was not going to spend that kind of money on lunch for soup, salad and breadsticks and told the waitress we would only be having the drinks. Sometimes I just wish I wasn't so cheap but after drinks and a lunch at dinner prices it would have been $50 for lunch. A burger at McDonald's would have been fine for me. We drove home and spent the afternoon cutting more bushes and cleaning up the yard. It was in the 50s and partly sunny so it was OK outside. Around 5 PM we went to Palarmo Villa for dinner. An Italian restaurant that we enjoy. Had a nice steak sandwich, salad and pasta for dinner. Came home and spend the night watching two movies: Easy A and Let Me In. Both were good movies. Easy A being the better of the two. Gave Tony a little lovin inbetween the two movies. We took a 15 minute movie break, LOL. Eat some cake also between the two movies and after the lovin. The cake is dry and not as good as their cakes should be. Went to bed around 11 PM and the birthday was over.

This morning we were up by 6:30 AM to feed the dogs and give Vito his shot. Spent the morning reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. I have showered and Tony is taking one now so we can meet his mom and sister for an Easter brunch. After brunch we will most likely spend the rest of the afternoon watching TV. Tony will be napping soon after we get home I bet. Happy Easter to all my followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment