Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2011 Friday Dinner Time

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work. Spent the morning until about 10 AM watching the Royal Wedding on TV. Was a nice wedding but I will be happy to not hear about it again after today. I think the prettiest dress was on Kate's sister, the bridesmaid. Spent the morning cleaning the house and vacuuming for the weekend. Tony picked me up a little before noon and we went to have lunch with the guys. Had a great lunch filled with laughs. We stopped at the lumber store on the way home since Tony had his truck so I could buy four 2"x2"x8' treated boards to redo or fix the canopy above the kitchen deck. Came home and spent the afternoon slowly removing the lattice canopy wood one piece at a time and replacing it with a more sturdy boards. I used the 2 x 2s as braces. Had to ask the neighbor for help holding a ceiling board in place at one point this afternoon. I figured I might as well get it done this afternoon since it was close to 60 degrees and SUNNY. Yes, the sun has been out all day today. Also figured if I try to do it tomorrow and ask Tony for help he will ask me why I didn't get it done during the week. Last weekend he actually had the nerve to tell me to stop doing a project I was working on because 'the weekends are for taking care of him'. I had to laugh. When Tony comes home for the weekend if it doesn't involve drinking or being served, he wants to just sit in front of the TV at home. I guess I would rather have that then a man who wants to go out all the time and you can't trust. Making a pizza for dinner and a small salad to go with it. I am never hungry on Friday nights after lunch with the guys. No plans this weekend. I might beg Tony to take me to a Walmart outside the city. Maybe even a mega Walmart since I have a huge list building of necessity things we need sooner or later like Toilet paper, paper towels, plates, napkins and such. He hates Walmart. I find it much more enjoyable with him, by just a little.
I see on the frig Tony hung the summer car shows. There is one this Sunday so if the weather is good I am sure we will go to that car show. Something funny did happen today. I wrote the other day about the dog Titus that was missing and found dead that has been all over the news lately. The owner has been living in a tent for the past month hoping the dog would return to their old home. I wrote an email to the guy saying: I don't know you or Titus but your story broke my heart. I cried like a baby when I heard the news that Titus is no longer with us. Please know you did everything you could to find him........ In today's Milwaukee Journal there is a story about the man and his dog again and in the story he talks about all the emails he has gotten from around the world and then goes on to quote my email word for word. So I guess that makes me happy that I made a difference in someones life and my email ment something to him. You always wonder if people get those kind of emails. I was happy to see the one email he quoted was mine word for word. How cool hey? Here is a link to the story I am refering to: http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/120929434.html
Oh well. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment