Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10, 2011 Wednesday Morning

Spent all day yesterday backing up my files to an external hard drive. Spent the afternoon getting my laptop up and running with the important links and files I will need while this computer is in repair. Last night we went to a car show in Menomonee Falls and had dinner at the event. Came home and spent the night watching America's Got Talent before going to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 5:30 AM to let Vito out of his cage and outside to pee. Took him back to bed with me for an hour before I got up and fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. I told Tony last night not to turn on this computer this morning but he forgot. So since it did boot up correctly I figured I would get one more post in before I disconnect everything and take the tower to Best Buy this morning for a new hard drive. I am sure I will be without this computer for a couple days. My laptop does have my email stuff all set up so I should be able to continue to get email. I just don't enjoy working on the laptop as much as the desktop. Thankfully I will not be totally without a computer while they repair this one. Will leave the house a little after 9:30 AM to get to Best Buy when they open at 10:00, with tower in hand. This is one time I wish I would have bought the extended warranty since this computer is only two years old. I hard drive shouldn't crash in two years, especially being a Gateway computer. On the way home I will stop at the grocery store and do a little shopping. Only need some fresh fruit and salad type items so it should not be an expensive trip to the grocery store today. Will spend the afternoon with the dogs. It is in the 60s today in Milwaukee. Welcome relief from the heat we had been having for the past month. I will try to post from my laptop in the next few days. I hope this computer fix doesn't become a bigger nightmare than it already has been.

2 comments:

  1. Don't panic. My PC is just a little notebook. It works fine. Does everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gateways are crap! I had one that died (the tower was f'd up)after only one year of use, and wouldn't you know, it happened a couple weeks after the manufacturer's warranty ended. I bought a Dell and it's been going strong for almost 4 years now...good luck with your Gateway

    ReplyDelete