Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011 Wednesday Dinner Time

Got up this morning at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. After Tony left for work I thought I would see if I could restart the computer and not have any problems. Telling myself not to turn on or off the computer only makes me want to do it more. LOL. Of course the American Megatrends screen came up and it took me 15 minutes and a couple more restarts to get Windows to load. Of course with the date of April 2009. Had to change the date. Now I have to make a decision. Got showered and went to McDonald's for a couple sausage burritos on my way to Pick N Save to do some grocery shopping. Spent a little over $70 on fresh produce and stuff. Jeez is food expense. The bag of cherries was $7.00. Came home and after putting the groceries away I called Best Buy to see again what the cost of a Mother Board for this Gateway computer would be. I was now told over $300, but they would need to send it out for the repair and estimate. That told me right there a new computer was the best option. Around noon I broke down and drove to Best Buy. After looking the computers over and knowing I wanted an HP, I ended up buying a new HP tower comparable to what I have now. I have a top of the line Gateway and paid good money for it 2 years ago. Of course now we had to haggle over the price since I just spent $285.00 last week to get this computer fixed which will be junk when I get the new one. I was able to get a credit for $180.00. The cost of the repair minus the hard drive cost. After all I do have the hard drive, even though I won't need it. But they can not resell it. So I thought that was fair. Ended up spending $886.00 for the new HP computer with a 4 year service plan. I guess if you take the $886.00 and subtract the $180.00 I got back, it cost me $700.00. Well, then I guess you could add the $100.00 for the hard drive I won't need or use, and the final total is $800.00 for the new HP computer. More than I wanted to spend, but what the hell are you gonna do? I use this computer 24/7. I knew this crap would start happening when we sold the two cars a month ago. I knew that money wasn't going to stay in the savings account long. The minute you think you might get ahead, something like this happens and your back where you started. Of course Best Buy needed to install all the Windows software and such so I could not take it home today. Will pick it up when they call tomorrow or the next day. Then the fun begins again reloading all my files and figuring out the new computer. Tony is against extended service plans. I think on things like computers it is a good idea and this computer would have been covered if I had an extended warranty. Took an hour nap this afternoon listening to music. It is very hot today in Milwaukee. Close to 90 degrees. I am thinking we will go to a car show or $1 hamburgers tonight since I don't feel like cooking. I'm still recovering from the major purchase earlier today. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. This is just my conspiracy brain...but I think it's a Best Buy SCAM! Those American Asians that work there don't know anything. We need REAL Asians. LOL

    ReplyDelete