Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18, 2011 Thursday Dinner Time

This morning I was up at 6 AM. Let the dogs out, cleaned up some puke from Barkley, fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent early morning back in bed before Tony came home for something around 9:30 AM and got me up and doing things. Took a shower and did a little around the house before leaving around 11:30 AM to go to ARCW for a Board Meeting and pick up my monthly food at the pantry. Had a good meeting, picked up my prescriptions at their pharmacy and got my food. Came home and as I was closing the truck of the car I bent my thumb back and it hurt like hell. Swelled up immediately. Ran into the house with the bags and put some ice on my palm and thumb. The part under my thumb swelled to the size of a tennis ball. Put the bags of food away with my left hand since I had the ice in my right. Let the dogs out. Barkley threw up a little more of this mornings breakfast. I am now getting very scared. I called Tony to see if he thought it was time to take the dog to the vet for an appointment. He said 'to put him down'. Tony is ready to say goodbye to Barkley. He has never been a fan of Barkley. I then told Tony it was a waste to call him and I would see him when he got home. After a lot of thought I think I will feed him tonight and if he can't keep it down I will call tomorrow to make an appointment. Maybe the vet can give him something for his stomach. Barkley is not in pain and is keeping down about half his food. He still has the runs also. I honestly think their is not much we can do but wait until the time comes to put him down, which could be any day. I think the tumors are getting the best of his insides. I have seen this before with other dogs towards the end when they have cancer or tumors. I just want to make sure there might be something to settle his stomach and give him a little more time. Trust me, when the time is the time, I will do what is right and put him down. He still plays, walks, eats, so what the hell? He does not appear in pain in any way, and I know my dogs. I would never let that go unattended. So it is just a matter of waiting and seeing. I am sure the vet will tell me what I have already said and know: It is just a matter of time until the tumors get to his inside organs and it might be happening. So I guess one day at a time. The vet has told us in the past this would most likely happen some day. We have only had Barkley 3 years since we adopted him at the age of 8 from the Waukesha Humane Society. We have given him a happy three years so I have no regrets. Just so sad that when life is over, it is over. No second chances. No second run. Making some TV dinners for supper with a salad. Don't feel like cooking with the sore thumb and dog problems. Isn't it enough I cook for them? LOL. Tony would not agree. Will spend the night watching Big Brother and Rookie Blue before going to bed. Tomorrow is lunch with the guys and then a party Friday night at a good friends house down the street. Looking forward to the party since it is all people we know and it will be a good time. Even put a dose of color in my hair prior to this post to look a little younger at the party tomorrow night. Had Tony die his hair earlier in the week and it turned out a bit too dark. LOL. Poor Tony, it will look fine in time. LOL. I was feeling old this past week and thought we should color our hair again. The hair color I put in today is already making my head and scalp itch and hurt. I am sure that will last a day or so. The price we pay to look a bit younger at our ages. I have not colored my hair in a long time because I just didn't seem to care. Lately I need to feel younger. I also was not coloring it because the Atripla made me get a rash from the hair color. This is the first time coloring my hair not on Atripla so we will see if anything has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment