Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 9, 2011 Tuesday Afternoon

I hate computer problems and I have a big one.

This morning I got up again to the error screen with an American Megatrends Logo on it and options to do. It took all morning to get the computer to come back on. I had to go into Safe Mode. I spent all day today backing up all our pictures, files and music. I did a little research only to find that that message means the hard drive on this computer is failing. This Gateway computer is only 2 years old. So tomorrow morning I am going to take the computer in for repair and who knows how long that will take. I will have my laptop, but can only do limited stuff on it and email does not transfer to the laptop.

So, if you don't hear from me, I am alive and well. Just without a computer. Wish me luck. I am hoping if I get this computer to Best Buy before it actually looses everything I might be able to have them save things as they are. If not I will have to reinstall all my programs. That will not make me happy. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment