Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, August 26, 2011

August 26, 2011 Friday Morning

Wednesday night when we got back from the car show there was a message on the answering machine saying my new HP computer was ready to be picked up at Best Buy. It was too late to go get it then so we spend the night watching TV and went to bed around 10 PM.

Thursday morning I was up at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the early morning getting things done around the house so I could leave at 9:30 AM and be at Best Buy at 10 AM when they opened to get my new HP computer tower. Got my new HP tower and came home. Spent the entire day setting up all my files and software I use on the computer. The Samsung printer was the hardest to get up and running. Had to download a driver patch from their web sight before I got it to work. The only shortfall with this new computer is that it does not have a HDMI output. I was told I would be able to connect my TV to the computer like my old one. There is no HDMI output so this is not possible in it's current state. I can either buy a new sound card with a HDMI port or try to buy some cables to split the current screen to two screens. I did a little looking on the Internet and a splitter is available to do just that. Will go to Radio Shack and see if I can get the splitter there, otherwise I will have to order them on the Internet. I think that will be cheaper than buying a new video card and trying to install it. I have to be able to watch the computer on the TV since I download movies and the show True Blood. Not so much fun to watch movies on a 22 inch computer screen. Would rather watch them on our 62 inch big screen TV. Made a big dinner for supper. Made ribs, potatoes and salad. Spent most of the night just exploring what the new computer does and does not have. Went to bed around 10 PM. Tony was exhausted and sleeping by 9 PM since he was up the night before with a migraine headache.

This morning I was up again at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Tony left for work around 7 AM. Have to get showered and to Radio Shack when they open this morning at 10 AM. Will then have to order the splitters I need on the Internet if Radio Shack does not carry them. Lately I am not impressed with Radio Shack. They seem to never have what I need. Maybe it is just the Radio Shack here in Milwaukee. Will have lunch with the guys today. Will most likely spend tonight watching TV on the DVR. Saturday afternoon we are meeting my parents for lunch here in Milwaukee. They are driving into town to drop me off some old Christmas lights and such they don't need or want. Other than that, no plans for the weekend. The weather has been great lately and hope it continues. So nice to have the windows open all day and so nice to sleep at night in the 60 degree weather with the windows open. I do love my new HP computer tower. I think HP is the best in computers and have the least amount of problems with an HP computer. I am happy with my purchase, especially if I get this monitor splitting figured out.


2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it just be easier to burn the movies on DVDR or DVDRW? All new computers these days come with CD and DVD burners. The discs are pretty cheap in spindles of 25/50/100 and last and you build a collection of DVD movies that you can watch anytime. I'm always downloading and burning DVDs, and thats what everyone else does. Rather than clogging up your computer hard-drive with movies, I've never heard anyone do that before. Everyone else downloads and burns to DVD disc to watch on their DVD player on the tv.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't your telly have a PC input? I just plug into that from the video output on my PC, and extend the desktop to the big screen. Then you need a sound cable as well to plug into either the telly or sound system from your PC sound output. Simple. Works great for me. Like I said I only have a $400 notebook PC. I'll send you a pic of it mate, you'll laugh.

    You can buy longer cords than just the normal short ones that go from the tower to the computer screen. I have a long one and can plug it into either the lounge or bedroom telly as they both have PC video inputs. I use VLC media player on the PC to play the files, it simple and quick and plays just about anything. Easy to adjust the aspect ratio and other things.

    ReplyDelete