Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011 Tuesday Dinner Time

Last night we watched Dancing With The Stars. Just a little after 9 PM the neighbor called in a panic and said to come outside right away. The other neighbor across the alley has 2 Pitbulls and no fence in their back yard. Since they moved in the middle of the Summer we had been telling them they need a fence and some day someone was going to come through the alley with a dog and their Pitbull was going to have a fight. Well, it happened last night. A girl with her cute medium size dog was walking through the alley and the neighbors Pitbull attacked it. It was not pretty. By the time I got outside the dogs were separated and in the house. The dog that got attacked was bleeding. I was not impressed with how the neighbor handled the situation. They hardly apologized much less took responsibly for the attack. I let the girl know, very quietly, that if she needed someone to be on her side, I was here. It was the neighbors fault and I saw it coming. I hope the girl's dog is OK. A little while later the bike police were at the neighbors house getting the story. We went to bed a little after 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. As Tony left for work I went into the garage because I know I have 4 eight foot meddle fence panels that I could make a temporary fence for the neighbor across their back yard. I started the project at 7:30 AM. Soon both neighbors came out of their house, the one with both Pitbulls on a leash. I pounded in 4 poles while the other neighbor used wire to tie the fence panels. Never once did the neighbor with the Pitbulls offer to help. I did this because I just do not want to see another dog get attacked. Since I was in a working mood I took the leaf blower and blew the front, side, back and upstairs deck of leaves. Talked with my mom on the phone prior to taking a shower. After my shower I went to Walgreen's and picked up a prescription and got my flu shot. Came home and I was exhausted. Took a long three hour nap. Still having a hard time trying to wake up and get the brain to work. I am making so many spelling mistakes as I type I can tell my brain needs a jump start. Making a pot roast, mashed potato and a salad for dinner tonight. Will spend the night watching the ABC TV line up and DVR a lot of other shows on TV. I guess the police are returning tonight to get more information from the neighbor and papers on the dogs. Should be interesting. I would hate to hear the dogs will need to be put down but this is the reason I am so careful with my Pitbull. Tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping. It is suppose to rain and be cold for the next couple days. Today was in the low 70s and a very nice day. Our last probably until next Spring.

1 comment:

  1. Tony-You did a very special thing. You are a responsible and caring neighbor and by doing this you are helping to build a community. Communities are a lost art in today's society.

    ReplyDelete