Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4, 2011 Tuesday Dinner Time

I'm back! In pain, but back online with my desktop computer.

Sunday we were up at 7 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the morning reading the Sunday newspaper and waiting for my parents to arrive so we could all go to the dog walk on Brady Street. It is a yearly event with a dog blessing at the end of the dog parade. Also a Best Costume contest. It is always a fun event seeing all the dogs together, 100s of them. After the dog walk we all went out to lunch at a restaurant on the Eastside. Had a great lunch and talked with the folks. After lunch they dropped Tony and I off at home and we spent the rest of the day doing things around the house. Didn't even make dinner. Tony had some more left over spaghetti. Spent the night watching Amazing Race, The Good Wife and CSI Miami. I DVR'd Desperate Housewives. Went to bed around 10 PM.

Monday I was up at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the day around the house. I did take a walk in the afternoon all the way to Pick N Save bank to make a deposit. Did you see I said 'I walked'. Jeez, I didn't realize it was up hill the whole way home. LOL. It felt good and I will continue with the exercise and walking to hopefully stop this belly pain. My prostate pain is there but seems to be getting better. Hoping if I eat less and get more exercise I can loose some weight and it will help. Thankfully it is in the 70s all week in Milwaukee so this might be a good time to start the walking daily. Got a call from the lady who processes my ADAP reimbursement about my going on Medicare the first of the year. She gave me some good advice and was very helpful. Made an appointment with ARCW in two weeks to get all the paperwork filled out. I just want this whole medical insurance thing to go smoothly without having problems getting my needed meds and doctor visits covered. I am very scared about this. Made the last of the spaghetti for Tony for dinner, I had a salad and some garlic bread. Watched Dancing With The Stars and Castle. Went to bed around 9 PM to watch TV. Just prior to going to bed Best Buy called to say my computer was ready to pick up and that they could not find anything wrong. Yah right.

This morning I was up at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the early morning cleaning the basement and setting up some shelving we purchased at Home Depot on Saturday. I have to get the basement organized and looking better. At 9:30 AM I left the house with CDs in hand to go to Best Buy to get my computer tower. The Geek Squad guy was very nice and let me come behind the counter and load up the CD burner and burn a CD with my CD's that don't seem to work. I have been able to get about every 5th blank disc to work. Of course the first CD we burned went great with no problems. I told the clerk we needed to burn another. I was never so happy when after 10 seconds of burning the disc it popped out and the error message came up. I even did a little dance because I was not 'nuts'. This is happening. We tried to burn another disc with my CD's and the error message came up again. We came to the conclusion that the bundle of CDs must be bad, except maybe every 5th one. I bought more blank CD and hopefully the next time I burn one it will work. Drove home and picked up a can of gas for the lawn mower at Tony's shop. Came home and after setting up the computer I went out to cut the grass hopefully for the last time this summer. I could not get it started. I called Tony and he came home. After many pulls he got it started and I cut the grass as he drove away. Trimmed around the tree and such and put all the lawn equipment away. Took a short walk around the block and stopped to talk to the neighbor across the alley for a half hour. I then took a short nap with the dogs. It is now a little after 4 PM. I am still not sure if I am making dinner or we will go to one last car show and have some food. It is the best weather in Milwaukee and looks like it will be for the next five days. Seventy's in the day and 50s at night. Only problem is it gets so dark out so early, the sun sets prior to 6:30 PM now. It will go from this to Winter in just a matter of time. Will spend the night watching Glee, Dancing Results and Body Of Proof. I still have my Friday 8 AM Urology appointment which I am not looking forward to. It has been causing me a lot of anxiety and I can't wait to get it over with. I hate going to doctors and this one will want to go up in areas that are not pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment