Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, October 14, 2011

October 14, 2011 Friday Dinner Time

The vet called yesterday around 3:20 PM to tell me Vito was ready to be picked up at the clinic. Was told Vito's glucose levels were OK, except the first one they took was high. We should continue with the 5 units of Insulin and come back in 3 - 6 months. I made an appointment for 5 months from now thinking that made me a better Daddy then going the whole 6 months. The doctor also said Vito has ear infections in both ears and we will need to clean them daily and put drops in them. We already have the cleaning solution and drops so I hoped that would keep the total bill low. Cleaning the little devils ears and putting drops in them is not going to be easy. He is a tiger when we try. Picked him up and paid the bill, $192.00. Jeez! He was so happy to hear my voice. Laid in my arms the entire ride home. When I brought him into the house and set him down on the kitchen floor, he was lost. I finally sat on the floor with him until he figured out the layout again. After dodging a few walls he made his way outside and peed on every rock in the side yard for at least 15 minutes. He kept coming back inside the house, then go back out to do more. It took him a while to remember the living room layout and he banged into the dining room chair on the way indoors at one point. Soon he seemed to remember it all and was doing fine. Spent the night watching X Factor and then The Mentalist before going to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Vito slept all night without any problems. Read a little of the morning newspaper before showering so I could go to Walgreen's to pick up a Birthday card for one of the lunch guys today and use my 'buy $25 get $5.00 off ' coupon. Got a bunch of other things that added up in my head, including a Sweetest Day card for Tony, of course it did not add up to $25 at the register so I had to go back and grab an 8 pack of Butterfinger candy bars that were $1.69 a piece or 3 for $3.00. If you read my blog you know this is going somewhere. Of course the one pack of candy came .30 short or $25.00 so I ran back, with one lady behind me saying it was OK, and got another pack. Paid for it all and got home. I then thought to myself that if I would have bought 3 packs of the candy it would have been $3.00 on sale. Since I bought two packs I paid $3.38 which is more than the sale price of three packs for $3.00. Put the receipt on the counter to deal with later. I know most would not care about this but that actually is a pack of candy and .40 back at me if I went back to the store with my receipt. Came home and listened to some music before going to lunch with the guys. Had a great lunch. Asked the guys if they would go back to a store, right down the street from my house, for 40 cents and an eight pack of candy bars. One of 5 said yes. Since we decided to go to a movie next Thursday night at the LGBT Film Festival and I would go buy tickets after lunch for the four of us, I stopped off at home to grab the Walgreen's receipt. Stopped off at Walgreen's on my way to the bookstore to buy the movie tickets. The manager was happy to give me 40 cents and the 8 pack of Butterfinger Candy Bars. Tony would never do this. I figure if I bought it on sale and did not get the sale price I shouldn't have bought it, so I have to fix it. Plus it bothers me so much in my mind, me being nuts and all, that it is just easier to face the music and fix it than let it rattle around in my mind for days. Yah, I am crazy. Came home after buying the tickets and did a little leaf blowing in the yard. The tree is almost empty of leaves. It is windy and in the 50s so most of the leaf blowing was futile. Making some salads and soup for dinner tonight. Had a big lunch and the Birthday boy bought lunch, so it was a free lunch for Tony and I. Even got a couple cupcakes for later that one of the guys baked for the occasion. Will spend the night trying to clear more off the DVR. Hoping to do a lot of TV watching since it did get much cooler in Milwaukee in the last 24 hours. The weather report is even calling for a deep freeze in a couple days. YUCK! Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment