Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, October 7, 2011

October 7, 2011 Friday Dinner Time

Spent last night watching X Factor and The Mentalist. I took a Valium early in the night so I would not think about my early morning doctor appointment. Slept like a baby most of the night.

This morning I was up at 6 AM. Got the dogs fed and gave Vito his shot. Spent the next hour making sure I cleaned out my system and did not eat anything or drink anything but water so if I had to have a blood test at the doctor. Took a shower and left the house a little after 7:30 AM for my 8 AM doctor appointment. I got there early and there was no one at the front desk to check me in but the doctor's male nurse. He checked me in and then had me go back into the doctors office after I gave a urine sample . The doctor entered less than 5 minutes later. He listened to me me say where I had pain and had me drop my drawers. I could see him putting on gloves and I said to him 'you aren't even going to talk sweet to me and buy me a drink first?'. He said 'not today'. He then check my front balls and penis area, then went up the butt with the dreaded finger. He was very gentle and was not as bad as I have had in the past by doctors. He then told me that my urine sample showed no bacteria and I have Chronic Prostate Infection. He then gave me a prescription for Doxazosin 4 MG to take once daily at bed time. It is a stronger antibiotic then the one I have been taking for the past 30 days. The prescription is for 30 days and has 3 refills. He also gave me a prescription of Naproxen 500 MG to take twice daily with food. It is an anti inflammatory and pain pill. Hopefully this will be the cure. I was out the door a little after 8:30 AM. At Walgreen's by 9 AM, and home by 9:30 AM. Honestly, it was the fastest doctor appointment I have had in a long time. I even went down to the second floor after the appointment and had my next blood drawn for my HIV doctor that I was going to have drawn next week Friday morning. Figured a week early wouldn't matter. I get those results back October 26 when I see my HIV doctor. I am hoping to get above 400 again on my CD4 count. I had slipped below the 400 count on my last blood test. It has been my goal to be above 400 and I have only gotten there once, and barely. Of course I hope to still be undetectable with this next blood test. Came home and went for a long walk before I unstrung some of the Christmas lights my mom gave me. Met Tony and the guys for lunch at Bakers Square. Had a great lunch as always. I really love these guys. Came home and spent another hour hanging lights outside before taking an hour nap on the couch while I listened to some old disco music. Making a salad and sandwich for Tony and I for dinner tonight. It was again in the mid 70s today. We are really getting spoiled with good weather. I did get my quarterly water and sewer bill today. It went up from $250 to $325. How do people afford to keep paying these increases. There will come a day when no one can afford to drink, eat, or have heat or electric at the way the cost keeps increasing. That's now over $1200 a year for sewer and water, unbelievable! Will spend the night watching TV on the DVR from the week. No plans this weekend. It is suppose to be nice so I hope we go for a long walk in the woods and enjoy the fall tree colors. It is very pretty and getting near peak season with the colors here in Milwaukee. Thanks for all the good thoughts today. I figured I had some people thinking of me. Oh, one more thing, kinda funny. Tony said to me at lunch 'how come the doctor gets to put his fingers up your butt and I don't'. I said 'because he played with my balls and such prior'. LOL. Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. It's probably nothing to worry about as my case was extremely rare, but I would be very cautious about taking Naproxen with the HIV drug Truvada/tenofovir that you do. That's the exact combination that triggered the allergic reaction and acute kidney failure with me.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2610281/

    I wrote to Suzanne Marcotte, who was one of the authors of the above article. I'll email you her reply to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I hope that the results of your tests will fulfill your expectations.

    ReplyDelete