Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 19, 2011 Wednesday Afternoon

Last night around 7 PM I was petting Barkley when I noticed his left ear is all puffed up. I guess he has a Hematoma like Stella had a while back. It looks bad. I guess it is when a blood vessel breaks and leaks into the surrounding area. The entire ear looks and feels like a water balloon. Not much can be done but let time and the body take care of it. So now I have to make sure Barkley doesn't mess with it. Gave him a dog pain pill and he slept good last night. At least someone did. Tony and I could not sleep last night. Tony's new contact lenses were bothering him and he finally took them out. Then his eyes hurt all night long. I just couldn't sleep and finally pulled out the IPod and listened to music until about 3:30 AM.

Got up this morning at 6:30 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Spent the early morning reading the newspaper before going grocery shopping at Pick N Save. Came home and put all the groceries away and left the house again at 12:30 PM to meet my case worker at ARCW regarding my Medicare and the supplemental health and prescription policy. Got all the paperwork filled out and picked a part D for Medicare online. Filled out the paperwork for HIRSP which we will file in November. Made an appointment to meet with her again the end of November. Picked up my prescriptions at the pharmacy and my monthly food at the pantry and came home. It is windy and raining in Milwaukee today. A terrible nasty day. Guess tonight and tomorrow we are under a Wind Advisory because it is going to get very windy and over 50 mph winds. Should be another horrible night's sleep with the wind and the dogs. Have to do some work on the Internet and then will make dinner. Making Sweet And Sour Chicken and rice again tonight with a salad. Tomorrow we have a funeral to go to and then a movie called Weekend with the LGBT Film Festival. Took down the front and side flags because of the wind. With it so nasty outside I don't plan on leaving the house until tomorrow afternoon for the funeral. The guy who died was a good friend of Tony's who owned a car repair shop here on the Eastside. He died of cancer. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment