Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24, 2012 Tuesday Afternoon

Spent last night watching two episodes of Falling Skies, and two episodes of True Blood.  Both are loosing their appeal.  True Blood seems to be going in so many different directions.  I think they need to get back to the core cast and not all these other wild stories.  Was actually hard to follow so many different plots are going on.  Tony slept during most of the shows, snoring on the couch.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Before I could feed the dogs, around 5 AM, Bo woke up with a sick stomach.  Was not happy with the red that he puked up.  Will have to keep an eye on him.  He did eat breakfast and has been fine all day. Spent the morning watching TV and doing very little around the house.  Was happy to see we did get a bit of rain last night, but not enough to do any good.  Most of the ground was dry by mid morning.  Hopefully we will got more rain tonight as fore casted.  Went to Walgreen's around 10 AM to buy Tony the green tea he likes that is on sale.  Ended up buying him a case of 24 cans.  Around noon I decided to sort and file the paperwork and bills from 2012 so far this year.  Took about an hour.  Will be much easier at the end of the year if I sort and file half way through the year rather than waiting until January and having an entire year's paperwork.  Around 2 PM I took all four dogs for a walk around the block, one by one.  Bo first, then Stella, then Kali, and Vito just for a short walk up the alley T.  It pains me to see Vito bang into things being blind, but he still wants to be like all the other dogs so I try not to treat him too differently, just being more careful watching him.  Vito did have fun sniffing the new smells in the alley even though he couldn't see much.  I talk to him the entire time so he knows where I am and to stay close to my voice.  His little tail waggin like crazy the entire time he was walking.  He still wants to do everything any other dog can do, he just needs a little more care and someone watching over him.  The little dog still has a lot of spunk in him being Diabetic and blind, going on 9 years old.  Still trying to decide if I want to cook supper tonight or just go to a car show and get some food either at the show or on the drive there or back.  I know what I would make, just not sure if I want to even start the mess.  We did tie our heat record yesterday getting to a steamy 99 degrees in Milwaukee.  Thankfully today is a bit cooler and in the 80s.  The heat returns tomorrow in the mid 90s before going back down to the 80s for the rest of the week.  This sure has been one hot dry summer.  Actually one for the record books.  We even beat the record for the highest low temperature for the day yesterday.  Hopefully tonight we will get more rain as fore casted because everything is bone dry, brown, and the leave are falling off the trees, in July.   Plus it has been too hot to go for the walks or the bike rides I would like to take along the river banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment