Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 5, 2012 Thursday Morning

Hot!  Hot!  Hot!

Yesterday was so hot in Milwaukee it was down right miserable.  We set a record for the hottest 4th of July EVER at 102 degrees yesterday.  The record was 98 degrees.  It was so hot the small breeze felt like you were standing in front of an oven.  Needless to say, we did very little.  Got up around 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Went out for breakfast at Baker's Square and then killed some time shopping at Big Lots.  Bought stuff we didn't need and came home to spend the day indoors, in the air conditioning.  We tried to take a nap in the afternoon, but that turned into 'the lovin thing', and after that was done, Tony fell asleep, and I was wide awake ready to do something.  Honestly I am starting to go a little crazy being indoors so much and not getting out to do much of anything due to the extreme heat.  After we fed the dogs supper we decided to walk, yes walk, in the then 99 degrees, to a bar a couple blocks away.  Got there to find they didn't serve food on the holiday.  Walked to another bar we knew of to find they did not have food either.  By the time we got home I thought I was going to pass out.  Ended up order two subs from Jimmy Johns.  Spent the night watching a movie called Lost Woods.  The movie was not good.  Around 9:10 PM we went up to our second floor deck to watch the fireworks around the Milwaukee skyline and at 9:30 the fireworks from the park a block away.  The fireworks appear to be right over our heads.  Best seats for the park display.  Now this isn't the biggest and best fireworks, but they are right out our door.  Was actually surprised they even had the fireworks since a lot around here have been canceled due to everything being so dry and a fire could start with any spark.  Went to bed and watched a little TV before we finally went to sleep.  I did not sleep well all night and was up here and there.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Had to get my blood drawn this morning or tomorrow for my next HIV doctor appointment in a week and a half.  Figured I would just get it over today so I went to St Mary's hospital and had them stick me and drain my blood again.  Never a problem finding a vein.  In fact this nurse was so good I never even felt the prick of the needle.  I let her know she was good.   The last time I had my blood drawn I felt the prick and thought the nurse must be having a bad day, giving out pain.  So I was happy when it was all over and I could come home.  Stopped off and bought a bacon egg cheese bagel at McDonald's on the way home.  In a little while I have to head to ARCW and get my months worth of HIV drugs.  Will pick up my food at the pantry for the month while I am there.  After that, I have nothing planned.  It is suppose to be even hotter today than it was yesterday.  We could even break an all time hottest ever record today of 106 degrees.  We still have Friday yet which is to be as hot.  By Saturday some relief finally comes and it is to be in the 80s.  I will call Tony at noon today and find out if he is taking it easy in his office.  If I find out he is out in this heat I will put my foot down and tell him to come home.  No one with a heart condition should be working in 105 degrees.  I will most likely spend the afternoon napping or just listening to music with the shades closed.  I think this is taking a toll on the outdoor animals.  I found a dead baby bird on the ground under the nest yesterday.  Most likely died due to the heat and the Martin house getting to damn hot.  I was pleasantly surprised to see my editorial I sent in to the Milwaukee Journal last week in the paper today.  My name and all under my editorial.   The phone should start ringing soon with friends asking if that is me.  I did get a call on Tuesday from the editor of the Journal saying my editorial would be in the paper.  Still always nice to see it in print.  The letter I wrote is in one of my post last week, you can page down and read it.   It is 9:30 AM and the thermometer already reads 91 degrees.  Off to another hot hot day in Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment