Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012 Monday Morning

Friday night Tony did indeed come home very tired from working in the 90+ degree heat all day.  We ended up making some salads and left overs from earlier in the week for supper.  Spent the night watching TV before going to bed around 10 PM.   Did the lovin thing and sleeping by 10:30 PM.

Saturday morning we woke up around 6:30 AM to a wonderful 72 degrees and a nice breeze.  The heat wave had broke.  Turned off the air conditioning and opened all the windows.  Spent the morning reading the local newspaper.  Around 11:30 AM we decided to go down to the lakefront and Bradford beach.  Actually Tony's idea.  Walked the Lake Michigan beach and sat and watched the volleyball players play and sweat as we had a strawberry Margarita and a hamburger.  The lake water was horrible looking and we could not believe people were actually swimming in it.  The Algae made the water green.  It was hard to even watch people swimming in it.  Spent about and hour watching the volleyball guys and headed home.  Was nice to do something different and surprised Tony suggested it.  Came home and took a short nap which again turned into the lovin thing.  Made some steaks on the grill with a salad and went for a long walk along the river banks.  Took us about and hour and a half.  Of course I enjoyed it, Tony tolerated it.  I do try to make the walk fun for him.  Came home and watched the movie Going Down in La La Land.  It was really a good movie.  Hard to find good gay themed movies.  This was one worth searching out and renting.  Went in the hot tub for a while which got us all romantic, taking us into the bedroom to do the loving thing for the third time this weekend.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Sunday morning we were again up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the morning reading the newspaper.  We then decided to get the bikes out of the basement and fill the tires in hope of going for a bike ride.  The last time we took a bike ride we were both sore for days.  Went on one of the best bike rides I have been on that I can think of.  We decided to check out the bike trail on the east side of the river that goes from Capital Drive (near where we have lunch on Friday's) and take the bike path all the way to the Festival grounds at the lakefront.  We first rode all the way to the lakefront, surprised that this trail got us there so fast and why we had never done this before.  Along the bike path there are little 'cities' of farms where people tend little gardens.  It was like being in a totally different city.  Wish I had brought my camera.  I was so impressed and we then rode back to where we started and biked north to Capital Drive.  Had lunch outside at Culver's and biked back home.  Stopped off at the little restaurant off a Shorewood park to check out their menu.  We will have to go to this restaurant on a Friday for a fish fry (a Wisconsin thing) or Sunday brunch.  I once again was so surprised we had not ever seen or heard of this park restaurant.  The final push home was painful to say the least.  By the time we got home both our butts and legs were killing us.  We actually both laughed at each other making the final walk into the living room.  Was hard to even walk up the back steps into the house, LOL.  Took an hour rest / nap before getting up and spending the rest of the afternoon just hanging out with the dogs around the house.  Decided to walk to the Italian restaurant up the street for supper.  It was closed so we walked to a different corner bar restaurant we have not ate at in years.  When will I remember this restaurant is closed on Sunday's.  Had a very nice supper sitting out on the sidewalk table watching the people and cars go by.  Finished off the night watching two good movies.  Watched the movies Insight and Man On A Ledge.  Both were great movies.  Went to bed around 10 PM.
What a great weekend we had.  Wish every weekend could be this fun.

This morning I was up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Got going on things around the house right away.  I already am on my fourth load of laundry, vacuumed the house, fixed an outdoor sidewalk path light and soon will get in the shower.  It is getting hot outside and suppose to get to 80 degrees.  Of course I am not complaining since I know from last week it could be much worse.  We did turn the air conditioning on last night to get a good night's sleep, since there was no breeze and the house inside was hotter than it was outside.  Will most likely have to do the same later today when it gets closer to 80 degrees.  I would like to go for a walk along the river this afternoon, taking a bag to pick up trash.  When we walked the other day there was so much trash from all the 4th of July parties in the park and their garbage blowing into the river area.  Also could not believe how low the water level on the river is.  You can almost walk across it in places.  We need rain so bad here in Wisconsin.  Was going to vacuum the pond but it is just to sunny over it right now and getting too hot.  Will have to wait until some shade later this afternoon or do it early some morning.  That's it for this posting.  I have to say I had one of the best weekends I can remember.  Looking at the calender this weekend could be just as fun.  We might even have the two nephews for a night or two this weekend, which I truly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment