Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, September 28, 2012

September 28, 2012 Friday Afternoon

Spent last night watching X Factor, Grey's Anatomy and then NCIS LA on the DVR.  I could not tell you what any of them were about since my mind was on the raccoon.  Went into the bedroom to watch TV from 8:30 PM on so I could look out the window and hopefully see the raccoon.  Was up until 11:30 PM looking out the window.  I did see my possum that comes daily to eat what bread the bunny has not eaten.  The rest of the night I swear every half hour or so I woke up and looked out the window hoping to see the raccoon.  Around 3:30 AM I saw something big, brown and black come into the back yard and for a second thought it was the raccoon until I realized it was a huge cat.  Ran outside at 3:30 AM in my underwear to scare it away so it didn't eat my baby bunny living in the back yard.  Why do people think it is OK to let their cats run free and terrorize the neighborhood.   I don't let me dogs run around like that.  Kept checking out the window until I got up.

Got up this morning at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Read a little of the morning newspaper and started my usual Friday movie downloads, then went back to bed.  Half hour later my mom called to see if I had good news.  Told her I did not and after we talked for a while I got out of bed and took a shower.  After my shower I called the Wisconsin Humane Society and made a $50 donation to the wildlife rescue area in the raccoons name.  Figured I have to give something to help out a future animal in need.  Damn don't I see the raccoon in my mind every time I look out at the pond and where the poison was.  Have to get that vision out of my head.  Saw the rent check on the stairs out the back door and went to the bank to cash it.  Came home and around 11:30 I left the house to go to Walgreen's to buy the tea on sale Tony drinks.  Then went to have lunch with the guys.  Got very little sympathy from them about the raccoon.  All I heard from them was how mean and the damage they do.   Came home and decided to do one last thing to honor the raccoon.  I grabbed a tall kitchen garbage bag and went for my usual walk along the river, picking up garbage.  The leaves are starting to change and it is getting very pretty along the river.  Here is a picture from under the Locust Street bridge.
Walked the trail picking up garbage.  Almost filled the whole bag just under the Locust Street bridge alone.  By the time I reached the North Avenue bridge my bag was full, and heavy.  Here is a picture of my full bag of garbage I picked up along the river today in memory of the raccoon.  My way of doing something to make up for it's death.
Will spend the rest of the afternoon, after I post, listening to some music, relaxing on the couch with the dogs.  Making a couple salads and left overs for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night watching the TV shows that piled up on the DVR this week, or a movie I downloaded.  It was close to 70 degrees today and very nice outside.  This weekend is to be much the same and looks like we will be in the 70s for most of next week.  I love this time of year.  Thank you to those who left me a comment.  I appreciate them more than you can imagine and look forward to them.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment