Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

Around 4 PM yesterday afternoon I was watching the continuing demolition of the Day Care building and foundation across the street when I noticed water shooting up into the air.  The work stopped as they looked to see what happened.  Guess someone forgot to turn off the water so when they were digging out the foundation they hit the main water pipe.   The water company tried for over 2 hours to get it shut off at the street without any luck.  The water sprayed out all night.  Spent the night watching Big Brother and then the movie The Lucky One.  It was a very good movie.  Sweet and loving movie you just want to watch snuggling in your husbands arms.  Well, that would have been nice but the four dogs dept us apart.  LOL.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM after watching Clinton speak at the Democratic Convention.  Wow, what a great speak from Clinton.  I even called my Republican father today and asked him if he saw Clinton's speech.  He did and was impressed also. 

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  The water company was digging the street up by 7 AM to stop the water shooting up in the air across the street.  Took them about an hour to get it shut off.  Was outside working on the Car Port by 7:30 AM redoing some of the head boards to make way for the 13 2x4x12 foot treated wood Tony would buy and bring home this morning.  Went to McDonald's around 9:30 AM on my way to ARCW to pick up my monthly prescriptions and food from the pantry.  Came home and in an hour Tony was here with the wood I needed.  Spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon putting up the roof supports across the 20 x 10 foot Car Port.  Damn those treated boards are heavy.  Was finished with what I wanted to get done around 2 PM and then spent an hour on the couch in pain.    Here is how it looks as of today with the roof supports all screwed down and ready for the sheets of roofing. 
Hopefully after lunch with the guys tomorrow Tony and I will pick up the 8 4x8 panels we need for the roof so I can get them in place tomorrow afternoon.  I figure I wont get much done this weekend because there is the yearly Center Street block party this Saturday and we will most likely be at that all day, not working on the Car Port.  I honestly am impressed with how fast and good I can get projects like this done.  I got to tell you though, I sure am in pain from the hard work I am not used to anymore.  I also don't have the strength I had years ago.  Making a beef roast, baked potato, green beans and a salad for supper tonight.  Will most likely watch Big Brother again tonight followed by the Obama speech at the Democratic Convention.  Thankfully the pain pill I took about a half hour ago is kicking in.  The Day Care building across the street is totally gone and now they are just leveling the land for the next step.  There is still a little debris left from the building, but I am sure it will be gone by the end of today.  The noise is unbelievable from the truck sand work.  I will get a picture tomorrow after all the trucks hopefully clear out.  Today it was in the 80s.  Hotter than I would like when I work on a project, but as long as I drink a lot of water and have a towel to dry myself off here and there, the work continued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment