Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5, 2012 Wednesday Afternoon

Spent last night watching America's Got Talent and then the Democratic Convention speeches before watching a little of the news, doing the lovin thing, and then to sleep around 10:30 PM.  That was the plan until the thunder storms kept Vito barking and growling for another hour and I had to hold him so he wouldn't jump off the bed at every clap of thunder.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Got up early since I had the Car Port I am making on my mind.  Tony left for work with instructions to return home after he got the guys working so we could go buy wood for the frame of the Car Port.  Moved the light on the side of the garage to make room for the roof and head board before Tony returned home around 9:30 AM.  Went to the lumber yard and bought the wood I knew I needed.  Tony helped me put of the header board on the garage and then went back to work.  I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon making the frame.  It is a work in progress and I am no carpenter.  Here is a picture of the frame as it stands today. 
Now I just have to buy the support beams and sheets of roofing boards, and then shingle the roof.  Hopefully tomorrow I can talk Tony into taking me back to the lumber yard for the rest of the materials / wood I need to finish this.  It is for his car by the way since he has an old car in his garage space.  I am exhausted and just took a half of pain pill for my back.  I am getting to old for this kind of work and am not the man I used to be.  It does feel good to know I can still do a project like this.  Tony will have to help with the 4 x 8 sheets of wood roofing when I get to that point.  I will not be able to lift them onto the roof by myself.  At that point it will turn into a two man project.  It is sunny and in the 80s today in Milwaukee.  I bit humid but not horrible.  The Day Care building is now gone, only the clean up of the building left.  The noise is deafening and I hate to think I will have to listen to this construction noise for months to come.  Why couldn't they do this when it was so hot the windows were closed?   LOL.  Not sure what I am making for supper tonight.  Will have to throw something together since I figure we will stay home tonight.  I forgot to mention yesterday morning the plumber did come to replace the main water valve only to tell me he thought it was fine and didn't need replacing.  Saved me the major expense but still cost me $68 for coming to the house.  Also I have to vent about the 'fine' job our Governor Scott Walker is doing running our fine state.  He gave the more than 1500 Milwaukee County workers furlough days the last two years to help balance the budget.  Well, the courts ruled that was not fair and now we have to pay the workers for those days even though they didn't even work them.  The cost to us tax payers as a result:  $4.5 million, $829,299 being interest.  Wow, nice move Scott Walker.  Sounds like the workers got a few weeks more vacation that year.  Oh, did I mention that is just for the year 2010.  They still need to settle it for the year 2011.  The 1585 county workers will each receive an average payment of $2843 for the unpaid furlough days, THEY DID NOT WORK.  I swear the Republicans are wasting more than saving.  Heck, the voter ID law has cost us millions of dollars in legal bills and got overturned again.  What a waste of money.  I think I will move to another country if Republicans win in November. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great job building the garage! I'm super impressed

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete