Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7, 2012 Friday Afternoon

Spent last night watching Big Brother and then the Democratic Convention.  Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Read a little of the morning newspaper and then showered so I could start the day.  Went to McDonald's for a breakfast burrito and then to Pick N Save to get some milk and fresh produce.  Came home and since it was about 9:45 AM I called Tony to see if he could come get me and go get the 4 x 8 foot sheets for the roof on the Car Port.  Tony was here in 10 minutes and we got the wood we needed.  Was able to put up and secure 6 of the 8 sheets before I had to clean up and meet the guys for lunch.  Had a great lunch.  Tom give he a shout out to let me know how your doing.  Came home and put up the last of the 8 sheets of roofing and screwed them all down.  By this time I was exhausted.  The week has definitely caught up with me doing all this hard labor and work.  Total cost so far is about $350 and I still have to shingle the roof.  Here is a picture of what it looks like today, ready for shingles.
Looks pretty good, hey?   Put all the tools away and laid down on the bed for an hour.  Couldn't sleep so I got up and took another shower and got a load of laundry started.  Not sure what I am making for supper tonight, it will be most likely a light supper consisting of a salad.  Will spend the night watching a movie or two before going to bed.  Tomorrow is the big street festival on our cross street.  Always a fun festival and the weather should be OK.  It stared out today in the 70s with drizzle, cleared up for the later part of the morning and early afternoon, and now the cold front came through with some rain and it is 62 degrees.  Coldest it has been for a long long time.  Have a great weekend everyone, I am off to the couch to rest this tired old body.

No comments:

Post a Comment