Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, March 15, 2013

March 15, 2013 Friday Afternoon

Spent last night watching American Idol and Glee.  Went to the bedroom and watched an hour of some home buying show where they auction off houses.   Did the lovin thing, again, damn that's every day this week, and then went to sleep.

This morning at 6:30 AM I heard Tony yell into the bedroom 'the TV bulb went out'.  Damn, time to get out of bed.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Thankfully I had planned ahead for our 60 inch projection TV and bought a bulb housing for it online knowing they only last 6 months to 2 years.  We are going on two years, third bulb in 4 years, so I had one as back up.  Of course it was an off name brand bulb for only $69 online where the Mitsubishi website sells them for $250.  Tony and I tried for almost an hour to get the new bulb housing to slide and click into the back of the TV.  Tony finally left for work leaving me to figure it out.  I was pretty much ready to just give up and say the bulb doesn't fit and we would be out buying a new TV tonight.  I am not going to spend $250 on a manufacture bulb only to have it last 6 months.  Would rather just break down and buy a flat screen TV and dump this projection TV.  Decided to take the TV off the stand and put it face down on the floor so I could force the bulb in.   CLICK!   It worked.  Turned on the TV and all is well again in TV watching land.  Will now have to buy another back up bulb since you never know how long they will last and being without our living room big screen TV is not an option with all the TV we watch.  Spent the rest of the morning cleaning up the mess and reading the newspaper.  I was pretty shocked at the amount of dust in and around the back of the TV.  Vacuumed it out good.  Met Tony and the guys for lunch.  Had a great lunch as usual.  Stopped off at Walgreen's to buy another foot insert and pick up Tony's pain pill prescription.  I am able to walk OK with a foot insert that help my high arch and doesn't make me put so much pressure on the front of my foot.  Spent the rest of the afternoon listening to music and doing things around the house.  Will just make left over spaghetti and a salad for supper tonight.  Only plans this weekend is dinner at a friends house on Saturday night.  It is snowing lightly outside right now and about 32 degrees.  Suppose to get maybe an inch of snow tonight.  No warm up in sight and in the high twenties or low thirties all weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Simply want to ѕay youг article is aѕ amаzing.
    The clearness in your poѕt is simplу spеctacular аnԁ i
    can assumе you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.

    Here is my web page; small loans

    ReplyDelete