Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Made it through the weekend without a recurrence of the pain I had Thursday.

Friday night we went to a friends home to sit around with good friends and talk.  I decided to bring the movie The Impossible and most spent the evening in the living room watching the movie.  By the end of the movie everyone was watching.  I still think this is the most under appreciated movie in the past year of movies.  Got back home around 10:30 PM and after watching a little TV we went to bed.

Saturday morning we were up at 7 AM.  Spent most of the day watching TV.  Got Tony up and out of the house in the afternoon when we took Stella and Bo for a walk around the block.  It was about 36 outside on Saturday and after walking the dogs I talked Tony into going for a walk along the river trails 'since it is our anniversary'.  Had a nice walk and took a short nap with the dogs after we got home.  Decided to go to a newly opened restaurant on the Eastside here that we used to go to when it was under a different name and ownership.  Since it had just opened in the past couple months we decided to go there for our anniversary supper.  Big mistake.  We got to the restaurant around 6 PM.  It was very nice and we were very impressed at the new decor.  Looked over the menu and Tony decided to have the fish, so we could see if they make a good fish fry, and I ordered the hamburger topped with a steak, WITHOUT MUSHROOMS.  The menu clearly stated it has mushrooms on it so I made a point to say .... NO mushrooms.   Ordered a couple tall single drinks and waited for our food.  Talked with the couple sitting next to us who was also there for the first time since the reopening.  The food comes and of course my hamburger is floating in mushrooms.  So when I finally got the attention of the waiter to let him know, he said he would put in a new order and was sorry.  He did write no mushrooms.  So of course Tony starts eating his food or it would get cold.  Tony soon finished his complete meal and our drinks were empty.  The waiter came over to say my food should be out soon and 'would we like another drink while we wait'.  I figured sure since we are waiting because of their mistake, my partners done eating now, and I still have not gotten my food.  The second round of drinks even came before my food.  Eventually got my hamburger which was not very good and then got the bill.  The total was over $75.   I looked at the bill and noticed not only did they charge us for four drinks all together, but charged us for two burgers since they made a second one.  WTF?  Of course he took the second hamburger off but that still left $28 for our drinks when I thought the second round was on the waiter since we were waiting for our food.  I had no intent on spending $28 on alcohol.   Tony of course said 'just pay it', and we did.  $70 for a supper we didn't get to eat together and was not very good.  Came home and spent the night watching the movie This Is 40.  Good movie.  I really enjoyed it and could relate.  Especially since when we got home Tony asked me if I wanted him to take a Viagra or Cialis.  The movie starts with such a discussion.  Went to bed around 11 PM after a little lovin.

Sunday morning we were up again at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Made eggs and bacon for breakfast.  Around noon we went to Menard's to buy some fencing I wanted and other items for the yard.  It is not warm enough out, much less there is still snow, so I will have to wait to work in the yard.  Nice to have the supplies you need.  So we went to Menard's and everything I thought was on sale was not, but they did have an everything 11% off sale going on.  Ended up buying a new kitchen counter top for the upstairs apartment, fencing, and the total came to $425.  I was in shock.  Tony pulled out three 100 dollar bills and said to put the rest on the credit card.  Came home and after we unpacked the truck I walked up the street to buy the weekly lottery tickets.  Spent the rest of the day watching TV.  Made a salad and frozen pizza for supper.  Spent the night watching Amazing Race, Good Wife, and then did the lovin thing before going to sleep.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Spent the day cleaning, do laundry and then napping with the dogs.  It is only 32 degrees outside, cloudy and windy, and not pleasant to be outside.  So tired of this Winter.  Making some hamburger helper and salad for supper tonight.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and then Hawaii Five O, before going to bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment