Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20, 2013 Wednesday Afternoon

Spent last night watching Splash, Revenge on the DVR and the Smash in bed.  Went to sleep around 10:30 PM after the news.

This morning I was up before 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Read the morning newspapers, showered, and left the house by 9:30 AM.  Stopped first at Walgreen's to pick up a prescription for Tony.  Then went to CVS Pharmacy to check out the Dr Scholls foot machine and make a shoe insert.  Then went through the McDonald's drive thru for some breakfast on my way to Pick N Save.  Did the weekly grocery shopping.  Thankfully after I paid, and was walking away, I thought to myself 'that was expensive', and checked my receipt.  I was charged $30 for a $15 item.  Guess the kid put in the wrong code when he entered it manually.  Had to go to the service desk and get my $15 refunded.  Always pays to know about what things will cost and and then check the receipt if you think something is not right.  Came home and spent the afternoon doing things around the house while I listened to The Pet Shop Boys.  Got me thinking how things have changed when it comes to listening to music.  When I was young you bought singles, albums or cassettes, and eventually CD's.   You had to listen to the entire album whether you liked every song or not.  That, or pile the singles on the record player.  Now you can load all your digital music, which I have a ton of on this computer, and load it into a media player, just the songs you like, from various artists.  So much nicer to listen to just the songs you like rather than having to listen to an entire CD for a couple good songs.  I guess I am showing my age.  Making some No Name Steaks, mashed potatoes and salad for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night watching American Idol and then go to bed early for some loving since we have not the last couple days, and I feel the need.  It is very cold again in Milwaukee.  Sunny but in the 20s and windy.  I know I have been complaining about the weather here in Milwaukee.  Here is a good graphic of this March vs last March.  I think you will now understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment