Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 19, 2013 Tuesday Afternoon

Spent last night watching Dancing With The Stars and then the series final of Deception.  Went to sleep after the local news around 10:30 PM.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony out the door.  Spent the morning reading the two newspapers I get, The Milwaukee Journal and the USA Today.  Did a little cleaning here and there, and listened to some music on the couch with the dogs in the afternoon.  Got caught up on my inbox emails.  Didn't want to leave the house today because of the cold.  It is sunny outside but the thermometer says it is 20 degrees.  It is very windy making the wind chill or feel like temperature about 10 degrees above zero.  Too damn cold to go outside if you don't have to.  Making BBQ beef sandwiches and mac and cheese, with a salad, for supper tonight.  Will most likely spend the night watching Splash, Dancing With The Stars and then Smash before we go to bed tonight.  This week is our 24th anniversary of Tony and I meeting, having our first dinner together, and making love for the first time.  I think I tell this story each year, but is worth repeating.  It was Tuesday March 20th, 1989 and I went out for some drinks at the Triangle Bar downtown.  I walked into the bar and Tony was sitting at the bar talking to another guy.  I sat down next to Tony.  I had known Tony by seeing him in the bars and always thought he was a stud and so handsome.  Since I had been in a relationship until recently I could not put a move on him.  I was single now.  Started talking to Tony and we hit it off right away.  The guy on the other side of Tony was trying to pick Tony up also.   As the night went on we finally decided at bar time to meet at a 24 hour coffee / chili restaurant downtown.  I did not know downtown Milwaukee well and almost got lost finding the restaurant.  We sat for hours talking.  As we left the restaurant Tony threw me up against the car and started kissing me.  Our first kiss.  Said our goodbyes and exchanged phone numbers.  The next day was a Wednesday and I had the day off from work.  I called Tony at his work.  At first I could tell he was a little confused as to who I was.  Found out much later it was because he had met another guy named Dave who he went home with, just the prior weekend.  So Tony did not know which Dave it was until we talked for a while.  Decided to meet for supper at a restaurant named Palarmo Villa.   Had a great dinner and conversation.  I do remember Tony having terrible breath.  Found out later it was because he never made it home from the bar or restaurant the night before with me since he got locked out of his apartment and spent the night at his auto body shop.  So he had not even been home yet from the night before.  Tony had a group therapy meeting at 7 PM that night so we ate a quick supper and then said goodbye.  I remember him throwing me against the hood of the car again and giving me a huge kiss.  That night after he got home from his therapy we talked on the phone for hours.  He then told me he had a date with the guy he met over the weekend the next night, but promised just to go the 'the game they had tickets for' and then would come right home and call me.  Funny how possessive I was right from the start.  Also funny how we just knew we were right for each other, yet he couldn't cancel on the guy he just met.  I guess that made Tony a nice guy?  The Thursday night of his date with the guy Tony was home and called me by 11 PM.  We talked on the phone until about 2 AM in the morning.  Friday night I had to work late so we could not meet again.  You know us gays, we move quick.  Talked on the phone late Friday night and decided to meet on Saturday night and go out to his Dad's bar.  Met Tony Saturday night around 7 PM at his apartment.  A one room efficiency since he had just moved out of a relationship with another guy a couple weeks ago.  We had a great time Saturday night at his Dad's bar and I got to meet the family, brothers, sisters, dad.  At bar time we went back to his apartment.  I thought ahead and actually packed an over night bag.  What a tramp hey?  That Saturday night, March 24, 1989 we made love for the first time.  It was so nice.  Spent the night at Tony's apartment.  That next morning we got up early so we could go back to my apartment and check on my dogs.  I had two Pomeranian at that time and my ex, who I still lived with, was taking care of them for the night but was going out of town on that Sunday.  So Tony and I went to my apartment to meet the dogs.  I will never forget as I was getting out of the shower I looked through the crack of the door and Tony was on the floor playing with the dogs, rolling around on the floor.  In my mind HE PASSED THE PUPPY TEST.  We ended up eventually going back to his apartment for the night Sunday night since my ex and I had an arrangement as to not bring anyone home while we still lived together.  Honestly, the first time I saw Tony's apartment I should have ran for the hills.  Closet filled with laundry, dirty dishes piled in the sink, and a stack of unpaid bills, months worth, sitting on the kitchen table.  Guess it was a good thing I didn't run since we have been together now going on 24 years this week.  We moved in together by the beginning of May.  The rest is history.  I do enjoy telling this story since I do think it is so romantic.  I had a crush on Tony for years and the minute I saw him single I honesty thought 'he is going to be mine'.   I also remember our date on Saturday night, March 20th, 1989 that when I walked into Tony's apartment he was all dressed up.  Found out later he actually went clothes shopping that afternoon just to look nice for me.  Tony hates to shop, so this was a big deal for him and for me.   I don't think I would change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment