Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11, 2013 Tuesday Afternoon

Had Tony pick up Wendy's food for supper last night.  Ate about half the chili hoping it would open my sinus's before I just wasn't hungry any more.  Went to bed around 7 PM with ice packs on my forehead and moving them around my head to relieve the pain.  I get these sinus infections about once a year which is why I stay an antibiotic ahead in the medicine cabinet so I have them ready to take.  I also have all the pain meds and sinus meds a person could have without being arrested.  In the past if I went to the doctor half way through these sinus episodes I am usually told to continue the antibiotic and sooner or later it just breaks and I am better.  Honestly it has never lasted this long and I am half way through my antibiotic of Levoquin.  Took an 800 mg ibuprofen an hour ago which seems to be giving me some relief.  I can only take them for so long until they rot out my stomach and I start throwing up again.  At least I am not typing and holding my head at the same time right now.  Spent all day today just trying to survive the head pain.  I did get laundry again done today because I woke up dripping wet again this morning.  Vacuumed and did a little dusting before the throbbing in my head began again and soon I was on the bed with ice packs.    I do feel sorry for Tony and the dogs because I have had no love to share with any of them this past week the way I feel.   Making a frozen pizza and a salad for Tony tonight.  Will most likely spend the night on the couch or in bed watching America's Got Talent with ice packs on my head.   I pray this pain ends soon or I will have to call my regular doctor.  That's another thing with having HIV.  Which fricken doctor do you call for things like this?  Only good thing I can think of is the fact it has been one week today that I had my last cigarette.  Made it a week.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Dave:

    Brovo to you for ending your post on a positive note. That is one of the things I like about you. So, congrats on not smoking for one week!

    On another note, I can't help but worry about you. You don't seem to be one to sit still, but may I suggest that when you wake up tomorrow just lounge around for the day--no laundry, vacuuming,sweeping, painting etc. Please, give your body one FULL day of rest and also drink plenty of water, juice and/or broth. Try not to force food if you don't feel like it so that your gut can rest as well. That's the mother hen in me talking.

    And... I suffer from a complicated chronic disease as well. I know from pain and I feel for you with your sinus headaches, other headaches (which kind of sound like migraines) and your foot pain. You have my sympathy. Keep taking care of yourself my blogger friend. I want to see you feeling well. Until next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations of not smoking. Your sinus infectious could be a sign that your body is detoxing from the nicotine---which is a good thing. YOu may also want to consider using a nettie pot for sinus problems. You can get them at Walgreens or CVS and they really can help flush out the sinus's.

    Feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could also go to a allergist and they can tell if you'RE ALLERGICto certain things. allergies act judt like sinus stuff,,,so you never know.

    ReplyDelete