Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Went out for supper with Tony's sister in law last night and had a great shrimp dinner and french fries as well as great conversation.  When we got home we spent the rest of the night watching the movie It's A Disaster.  About a group of friends together for a house party when the world is attacked and they have to tape up the house and stay indoors.  Of course all kinds of secrets and affairs come up and they cant leave the house.  It was OK.  Entertaining enough.  Went to bed around 9 PM to watch an hour of TV before going to sleep.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Did the usual morning routine of feeding the dogs and getting Tony out the door for work.  Decided to exchange a pair of shoes I bought a couple weeks ago at Kohl's but never wore yet.  Thought a half size smaller might be better and thought it better to take care of the exchange while I still could.  Drove to Kohl's and exchanged the shoes for a 9.5 instead of a size 10.  They will be my back up pair and stay in the box until needed.  Tried on about 10 pairs of shoes trying to find anything that felt good on my feet.  Finally put on a pair of Crocs and I loved them.  Bought them on sale and even got another 30% off because of my coupon and using my Kohl's charge.  Got the Crocs for $30 which seemed like a deal to me.  I figure I must have spent close to $400 on shoes and inserts in the past two months trying to find anything I can walk in without pain.  Still debating if I am going to return the inserts I bought yesterday.  Honestly I wish I could return the $60 inserts I bought there 2 months ago, or some of the other 10 inserts, since I used them once or twice, and now they are sitting on the shelf with the other 10 or more inserts I bought.  To bad I have had them too long.  Drove the truck so I could stop off at Home Depot to buy some 2 x 8 panels of lattice for under the scooter ramp.  Bought the lattice.  Stopped off for a steak egg and cheese bagel at McDonald's on my way home.  Spent an hour cutting the lattice to fit under the ramp.  Looks real nice.  I am very happy with this ramp project and how it looks and turned out.  Took a two hour nap with the dogs this afternoon since it is cloudy, drizzling and only in the 50s again today in Milwaukee.  Was a great day to take a nap.  My feet feel better today than they have in a long time.  I do think it is because I have not been on them much.  When I say 'better' it by no way means I could run down the street or take a walk around the block.  It simply means I haven't had to use my scooter today yet to get around the house.  It is early yet.  The construction on the apartment complex across the street is in full work mode.  There is a lot of activity as they dig the sewers and water lines as well as digging the foundations of the buildings.  Trucks coming and going all day and there is about 20 guys in my view that I see as I look out the window.  Unfortunately not one is very good looking playing in all the mud.  Today is my third day without a cigarette.  Actually didn't even remember I forgot to put the patch on until I was in Kohl's.  Still have not put one on and think I will make it thought the day not needing the patch.  Not a cig in the house so I will not fail.  Will wear the patch on days I need it, most likely this weekend at Pridefest and Locust Street festival as I see everyone smoking.  Talked with my mom this afternoon for a while.  Had a nice conversation and glad we are so close now.  Time to start supper.  Making a Hormel beef roast, noodles and a salad.  Will most likely spend the night watching another movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment