Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 26, 2014 Wednesday Afternoon

This morning I was up by 6 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Around 7 AM, prior to Tony leaving work Stella had what I can only describe as a 'spell' of some sort.  Her eyes started darting from side to side and she seemed confused and could not stand.   She seemed to get through this 'spell' and after Tony left for work had a few more.  I called the vet and by 11 AM we had Stella being checked.  The vet seems to think it is vestibular disease since she has had so many ear problems.  I have dealt with this disease with two other dogs and this somehow seems different.  Thankfully I recorded one of her 'spells' and took the video with us to the vet.  When the other dogs had it they just 'got it' and it took days for them to walk straight and get their balance.  Stella seems to be fine one moment and then dizzy and can't walk the next.  She also is making a lot of moaning and noise.  So I am very concerned that there might be something more serious going on.  When we left the vet Stella had another 'spell' in the car and we had a hard time even getting her out.  She then was fine for a while and after I gave her one of the meds the vet gave us she threw up her breakfast.  Tony stayed home for about an hour so I could drive quickly to Pick N Save and do the weekly grocery shopping.  Since I have been home and he left back to work Stella has for the most part just been sleeping on the couch next to me.   Will spend the night with Stella watching TV.  I pray this is not the end of our time together or the beginning of the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment