Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014 Monday Afternoon

I guess you could say we had an Oscar movie weekend.  We spent the weekend watching Oscar nominated movies that I had downloaded.  We had already seen 12 Years a Slave, Gravity, American Hustle and Captain Phillips.   Friday night we watched the three hour long Wolf Of Wall Street.  I can see now why my mom and dad walked out of the movie when they saw it in the theaters.  It was a very long movie but actually very good.  There was a lot of sex and drug which my parents did not like.  Leo C did a great job and deserved his nomination for best actor this year because of this movie.  Went to bed around 10 PM for a round of lovin and soon went to sleep.

Saturday we spent the entire day watching more movies.  I did have to shovel here and there as the snow fell most of the day adding up only to a couple inches.  After we took Stella to the vet in the morning for her ears I came home and ordered coffee cups with our date of the wedding for everyone as a gift for coming and seeing our wedding.  It wasn't even on my list of things to do and glad the thought came to me.  Watched the movies August: Osage County (Excellent movie, I love dysfunctional family movies), Blue Jasmine (which was good but the flash backs sometimes made the movie hard to follow), Her (which I HATED, who makes such a stupid movie?  I will never get back these two hours.  And nominated for an Oscar?), and All Is Lost (which was good) before going to bed around 10 PM.  We did order a pizza for supper somewhere in there watching the movies. 

Sunday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony made breakfast since I was out shoveling snow again.  Watched TV from the DVR most of the morning.  Watched the movies Nebraska (which was very good) and Philomena (which was excellent) during the afternoon.  Sunday night we went to a friends house around 7 PM for a couple hours of watching the Oscars on TV with them.  Got home around 10 PM to watch the popular awards.  Was pretty much happy with who won except I thing Meryl Streep should have won for best actress.  Watched the last hour of the Oscars in bed and then went to sleep.

This morning I was up by 6 AM.  Put together another cage for Tony to take to work to trap the cats today.  Today is cat trapping day so we can take them tomorrow morning to HAWS to have them fixed and pick them up later in the day to bring back to the shop and release.  They will spend one night in the shop when they come home tomorrow.  I left the house by 9:30 AM for a 10 AM dental appointment to get a crown. Took three hours.  Picked up my monthly food at the pantry and went to Tony's shop to drop off a trap and make sure we are all on the same page trapping them and holding them for the night until we can get them up to the humane society tomorrow to fix them.  After a little yelling, lol, we were all on the same page.  Came home and took a nice two hour nap with the dogs.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV.  Not sure yet what I am making for supper tonight but the freezer is full and I have to just pull out anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment