Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010 Monday Dinner Time

Saturday Tony and I met a friend at a car show around noon. One of the features was 'free lunch for everyone'. I must admit, when I hear the word free, it catches my attention. Had a hot dog, slice of pizza and ice cream at the car show, free. Came home and spent the rest of the afternoon taking a nap with Tony and the dogs. Saturday night I made hamburgers and rice for dinner. We spent the night watching the 70's movie Frogs, which is a horror flick I remember seeing as a kid. It was free to watch on Hulu.com. Watched a couple of episodes of Hot In Cleveland which I had DVR'd. I do like this show and find myself laughing out loud at Betty White, love that lady.

Sunday I made breakfast and then Tony got started working on the bathroom after I reminded him that he has not moved forward on it in weeks. He got very dirty sanding plaster while I did things around the house. Kept the dance music playing to keep him moving. About 2 PM in the afternoon he had had enough and around 4 PM we took the Cadillac out for a drive. We drove to his mothers house on the southside and then ended up going out to dinner with her at a family restaurant. Dropped her off at home and drove the long way home along the Milwaukee lakefront. Spent the night watching Big Brother, The Gates, and a couple more episodes of Hot In Cleveland before going to bed. As I looked out the window of the bedroom one last time I could see my rabbit eating some bread I put out for him. I looked again and saw a huge possum hiding not far from him. Spent about an hour watching the situation until the rabbit left. I then went out and scared the possum away. Jeez, are they an ugly animal. About an hour later I looked out the window to see the cat that has eaten most of the little animals around here, in my backyard. Ran outside in my underwear and nothing else and scared the cat away. Jeez, I have one rabbit left because of this damn cat. Got up many times to check on the rabbit and haven't seen him since.

This morning after getting Tony off to work and taking care of the dogs needs I called my mom and dad and spoke with them for a while. I then took a shower with Barkley and gave him a needed shower along with mine. I then started calling Wisconsin Food Share because I got a letter from them on Saturday requiring an interview. I called at least 15 times until about 1 PM when I finally got ahold of someone. I would be put on hold only to about 30 seconds later hear a busy signal. Another well run government agency in the good old USA. NOT! Got my interview taken care of over the phone and was told I will get a letter in 3 to 5 days saying what, if any, benefit I will get. In the time that I kept calling I did drive to the pet store to pick up Barkley's special dry dog food for his skin and coat. A 17 lb bag is now $52.00. WOW. If he didn't need it so much he would eat the regular food the other dogs eat. Then went to a hardware store to see if there was a powder or something to keep feral cats away. Bought a powder but after getting home and reading more about it, it keeps away small critters including rabbits too. Well, that won't work since I am using to save my rabbit not keep him from the backyard. I want the cat gone. Ended up having to go back to the hardware store and return the powder. Walked over to the neighbor across the alley to tell them about my rabbit, possum, cat adventures last night since they also enjoy the one rabbit left in the neighborhood. When I mentioned my last idea was to catch the damn cat he said he had a trap. Yes! So I then drove to Walgreen's and bought two cans of tuna for the trap tonight. I will have to put the trap out late and bring it in early or a squirrel or two will get trapped. I know I will be trapping more squirrels than cats but I need to get this cat. I will then take it to the Humane Society for them to deal with. Have the trap ready for tonight. Took a couple hour nap since I was exhausted from all the running around already this morning. Tony will be home in about an hour and I have no clue what to make for dinner much less any ambition to cook anything. Will watch DVR stuff on TV tonight since all that is on is reruns and such. Tomorrow I have another dental appointment which might include pulling another tooth. Seems my teeth are just falling apart lately. Must be the meds or the HIV. Anyone else have teeth problems with this HIV thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment