Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, August 6, 2010

August 6, 2010 Friday Afternoon

Thursday morning I got most everything for the day done in the morning before the heat continued in Milwaukee. Went grocery shopping and picked up weeds in the side and back yard that had over grown through the gravel. We don't have any grass in our yard. We got rid of the grass years ago and replaced it with gravel. Less work, no cutting grass weekly. Once in a while you do have to pick weeds that grow in the gravel. Took an afternoon nap. Got up and worked on my blog page for a while. I added a link or two and the interview made a couple of years ago about our house here in Milwaukee. Made a big dinner of pork chops, baked potato and beans, along with a salad. Turned out good. Tony and I spent the night watching Big Brother, Rookie Blue and The Mentalist before going to bed around 10:30 after the local news.

This morning I got up and after Tony went to work I talked to my mom on the phone for about an hour before beginning cleaning. Did a lot of dusting around the house. Also washed a few windows that needed it from the rain and doggie paws. Went to Walgreen's around noon for a couple packs of cigarettes. Yah, I still haven't quit. I know I should. Made myself a slice of pizza for lunch and took a two hour nap this afternoon. As I have said before, this heat just makes me want to sleep and do little else. Just got done vacuuming the house and soon Tony will be home from work. He had a Stress Test this morning. Talked to him briefly, he said it was fine. I will get more detail when he gets home from work. Most likely we will go out for a fish fry tonight for dinner since we did not have lunch with the guys today due to Tony's doctor appointment and another one out of town. The guys are coming to our house tomorrow morning for the Rockerbox Festival on Center Street. They both drive motorcycles and it is a motorcycle event. Will have our lunch together tomorrow somewhere on Center Street at the festival. The next week's weather looks HORRIBLE. Back into the high 80s on Sunday and close to or 90s for the rest of the week through Thursday. Jeez, I joked last night to Tony that I am ready for a trip to Canada. I hear Toronto is a pretty city. Never thought I would head north to get out of this heat but I have had enough. Looks like next week will be another week of indoors in the air conditioning. I can't wait for fall. This has been an extremely hot summer. Guess global warming is here to stay. Turned off the air conditioning this morning, turned it back on this afternoon when the temperature got in the 80s again. Anyone been to Toronto? Is it a city worth visiting to get out of this Milwaukee heat?

No comments:

Post a Comment