Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 29, 2010 Sunday Night

Friday night we did watch the movie Shutter Island. It was OK. It does have a surprise twist at the end. Went to bed around 10:30 PM.

Saturday morning I saw there was a car show on the south side of town so I called the couple we have lunch with to see if they wanted to meet us there and then have lunch. We did indeed end up meeting them around 11 AM and had a nice lunch at the family restaurant after the car show. They both work on cars so Tony and them have plenty to talk about at the car shows while I am being amused by the car participants and spectators. Got home and spent the afternoon taking a nap since it is again quite hot and humid in Milwaukee. After feeding the dogs dinner we went to this weekends festival at the Milwaukee lake front. It is Mexicanfest this weekend. I must admit it was a little scary. It is the first time I have gone to a festival at our lake front where you had to go through metal detectors at the gates. Sad world we have when you have to have metal detectors at a festival made for FUN. It was very busy at the festival and we only stayed for about 2 hours. Everything you bought you first had to buy tickets as cash. I hate that at festivals because you always end up giving a couple tickets away as you walk out the doors because you buy too many tickets for what you buy. Tony had two beers, I had a strawberry margarita to drink. Had a hard time figuring out what to eat since most of the signs were not in English. Jeez, you are in America. I finally saw a sign that said 'Taco Plate', so thats what we had. We split a combo steak taco plate and ended up buying some donuts to take home with the last of the tickets. Ended up giving one ticket away to a couple with a small child. It was a scary crowd to be honest. I don't mean that anything against anyone who is Mexican. The metal detectors didn't help give a positive feeling about the festival. Stella's ear is about the same, not any worse. I have been continuing to put drops in them as directed. I posted a picture of what her ear looks like having a Hematoma. It is along the top of the ear. It feels like a small water balloon.

Today we both were up by 6:30 AM. Jeez, it's Sunday morning. After reading much of the newspaper I made scrambled ears and hash browns for breakfast. We watched TV because it is in the 90s today in Milwaukee. About 1 PM Bo came in the house limping and whimpering. He somehow hurt his front right knee. After trying to get him to relax I though it best to just go into the bedroom and nap. Hopefully that would keep him from walking on it or jumping down from somewhere and hurting it more. I gave him a small dog pain pill also. Tony came to the bedroom and joined the napping in no time. We woke up around 4 PM and both took showers. I then drove to the Open Pantry and bought this weeks lottery tickets. Noticed the college kids moving into the new dorms across from Open Pantry and thought the restaurant on the corner might be a nice place to eat dinner tonight. These young college kids have so much energy, yah, I will leave it at that not to sound like an old pervert. LOL. The dogs are now fed and after this post we are going to La Pizzeria, the restaurant on the corner of the new college dorm here on the Eastside. After that it is the Emmy Awards on TV tonight. It is very hot and humid here in Milwaukee today. Going outside is not fun or enjoyable at all. Happy I at least got a response from my little sister 'admitting' (LOL) she reads my blog daily. Love you little sis. Say hi to the kids. Tomorrow looks hot again and another cold front comes through mid week taking the temperature to the 70s. Looking forward to it. These temperature extremes just mean Fall and then Winter is not far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment