Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9, 2010 Monday Afternoon

Sunday after making a big breakfast we spend the morning watching a The Nannie marathon. I loved this show when it was on TV many years ago. Early afternoon we went to Sam's Warehouse Club and did a little shopping for things we didn't need. LOL Spend only $130.00 which is good and better than some visits in the past. Got home and spent the afternoon with the dogs and watched the movie Edge of Darkness. It was a good movie. Made dinner which consisted of a meat loaf and mashed potatoes we bought at Sam's Club, with a salad. Spent the rest of the night watching Big Brother, Scoundrels and The Gates before going to bed around 10:30 PM.

This morning at 3 AM thunderstorms rolled through Milwaukee with heavy rain. The storms lasted about 2 hours. Vito barked at every lightning and thunder, and Kali shook like a leaf scared to death of the noise. Got up around 7 AM and got Tony off to work by 8 AM. Spent the morning and afternoon cleaning and doing laundry. Also made some phone calls about refinancing my mortgage since I am at 5.65% and there are much better rates available. The mortgage company will get back to me by the end of the week. It is once again so hot and humid in Milwaukee there is not much you can do outside. Went to Pick N Save and bought some onions and onion soup to make a beef roast for dinner tonight. Cut up potatoes and carrots and the pot has been boiling since noon. This afternoon I received an email from a guy named Mat in Chicago. In his email he states he use to download some DJ Dave mixes back in 2000 and 2001 from Napster and really enjoyed them. He continued by saying he did a google search and found my web page and Music Page. He has enjoyed my dance music mixes and has downloaded many of them. How cool is that? He wanted to know if I was the same DJ Dave back in 2000 that still makes dance music mixes. That I am. Emails such as that make all the time I put into making them worth while. Some of my mixes have been downloaded over 100 times. I keep telling Tony that someday after I am dead and gone, people might still be listening to my mixes I made while I was alive. Nice to know I might be thought of and remembered after I am gone someday. Plus for someone to take the time to write me, much less do google searches to find my music, made my day. I called Tony at work and read him the email I was so excited. The house is clean, bedding washed, so now I am just watching TV and waiting for Tony to come home from his day at work. I don't know how he works in this heat, much less anyone who has a job requiring them to work outside in this heat. It is suppose to be hot and humid in the 90s all week here in Milwaukee. Will most likely spend the night watching more TV. Jeez, what would I do without TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment