Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 18, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching TV from the DVR.  Went to bed around 10 PM listening to the rain fall.

This morning I was up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Went back to bed for an hour or so and got back up around 9:30 AM.  Was doing things around the house when I got a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft telling me my computer has been hacked.  He had me go to this web sight and then messed with my computer, or tried to.  When I was told I would have to pay $100 to fix my computer I knew it was a scam and hung up.  They called back 5 times and finally the guy said 'you can't tell me you don't have $100'.   I knew then for sure it was a scam and when I told them to never call back he told me to 'fuck off'.  Wow, don't that tell you it was a scam.  Reset my computer back two days to a restore point and did a virus scan.  So far everything seems fine but I am so mad at myself for almost being scammed.  Hell, I even had my wallet out and credit card in hand before I came to my senses.  Showered and left the house to go to my board meeting at noon.  Had a good board meeting.  Was a little drama towards the end, but that just added to my day.  Picked up some bread at the pantry for the outside animals and drove home.  It is drizzling outside and 48 degrees as I type this post.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV from the DVR as the DVR records current shows from tonight to watch later.  I still can not believe I almost got scammed and just keep shaking my head how good they were and how they had me going.  Damn, it makes me so mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment