Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012 Monday Afternoon

Friday night we did indeed go to the Italian Community Center for a Cod fish fry on our $30 gift certificate.  Ended up costing us an additional $15 with tip.  Had a nice supper but was not happy with the managers response to the fact their website and phone message still says they are open on Saturday's a month after they closed on Saturdays.  Came home and spent the night watching TV from the DVR.  Went to bed around 10 PM after lovin.

Saturday morning we were up at 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the morning and early afternoon until about 2 PM cleaning the rain gutters and leaves around the yard.  Tony went up on the high ladder as I held it.  Got the leaves all cleaned up, but you would never know we did any leaf cleaning if you looked at the yard today from all the leaves that have fallen since.  Showered and spent the rest of the day watching movies.  Watched the movies Chernobyl Diaries (which I loved), The Hole (liked a lot), Moonrise Kingdom (which was stupid and a waste of an hour an a half), Winning Season (which was OK), and Silent House (which I did enjoy), before going to bed around 11 PM. 

Sunday morning we were up again at 7 AM and did the usual morning routine.  Showered and drove to the south side of town and took Tony's mom out for breakfast.  After breakfast we filled the gas tank with gas.  Whats up with premium now being 44 cents more than regular gas?  Used to be a 10 cent difference between the mid range and then the premium for a total of 20 cents.  Damn won't the gas companies find any way they can to get more money out of us.  Stopped off at Walgreen's on the way home and we both got our flu shots.  Came home and after a little while I talked Tony into going for a long walk along the river trails.  Had to promise we would stop and have a drink at a bar on the way home.  Had a nice walk and did indeed stop for a drink before making the final walk home.  Spend the rest of the day watching TV from the DVR, clearing just about everything I taped from the prior week.  Went to bed around 10 PM after a little lovin.

This morning I was up at 7 AM and did the usual routine.  Read a little of the morning newspaper before going outside to do some leaf blowing before the fore casted noon rain came.  After I was done I showered.  Was giving Kali a tummy rub when I noticed her skin was not looking good again from allergies and called the vet.  Got her in for an 11 AM appointment.  Of course she is on an antibiotic again and also a half a Walitin every day for the next 21 days.  Also got her nails trimmed and her anal glands cleaned, which I was told needed it bad.  Got her home and made a can of soup for lunch.  The rain started around 1 PM and it was time for a nap with the dogs.  Took a nice two hour nap with the dogs.  Got up and after a cup of coffee I made a batch of peanut butter cookies and started supper.  Making a canned ham, mashed potato and beans to go with a salad for supper tonight.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and then the President debate before going to bed.  The rain is still falling and it is in the 50s today.  The next couple days look good and then a cold front comes through later in the week dropping the temperatures by 20 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment