Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4, 2012 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching the Presidential Debate.  Man was I disappointed in Obama.  Found myself screaming at the TV 'just spit it out', 'just say it' as he stuttered and paused during every sentence.  He could not make a sentence without pausing to think about his next word or words.  At times I looked at Tony and and said 'did he drink before this debate'.  Romney did so much better.  I will still have to stand behind Obama since the Republicans would roll back any advances we have made in gay rights, but I was very disappointed in him and thought he could do so much better.  Even called my Republican father after the debate and told him what I thought and that his guy won the debate.  Went to bed around 10 PM as the raccoon was high up in the back yard tree.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Figured I had the morning and early afternoon to enjoy the 70s that were coming before the big cold front hits later this afternoon.  Made the most of the good weather.  Took the pond plant out of the pond and brought it into the house for the Winter since it is suppose to be in the 30s and maybe the 20s this weekend.  Tomorrow a high of 50 degrees and it was 75 degrees today.  Used the leaf blower around the yad to blow the leaves into the garden.  As I post this it doesn't even look like I did it this morning the leaves are falling so fast from the wind.  Went to Walgreen's around 11 AM to buy some tomato soup on sale and with an extra coupon I had.  They were out of the soup earlier in the week when I was there.  I do love tomato soup and think of my mom's mother, my grandma, when I make it.  She added a ton of sugar and remember it being so sweet and good as a kid.  I add sweet and low and it tastes like she made it.  Picked up a chicken sandwich at Cousins and came home and ate it in front of the dogs.  They were not happy since I did not share, only being a 6 inch sub.  Went for a long 2 hour walk along the river, stopping and reflecting in spots watching the water flow and the leaves falling fast and furious.  Sat and talked with a guy fishing for a half hour as we watched the Salmon swimming up stream.  Some were over 2 feet long.  I feel so peaceful and relaxed when I walk or sit by the water and paths along the river.   I could sit there for hours just watching nature, feeling so at ease and at peace.  Will spend the rest of the day watching TV as I do things around the house.  Making left over Taco's for supper tonight since we only ate half what I made last night and I don't want it to go to waste.  Tomorrow night we have a Wedding to go to and I will have to wait and feed the dogs after we get home later at night.  I can't feed them prior to 3 PM when we will have to leave for the Wedding.  Will most likely come back home and feed them in between the Wedding and dinner or just call it a night by 8 PM and get home and feed them then.  They will not be happy since we have never done this before.  I figure they will be hungry but will be fine.  Better I figure than feeding them so early and then walking out the door not knowing if Vito's Insulin is working right and them needing to relieve themselves after eating.  Tonight we will most likely watch X Factor, Greys Anatomy and TV off the DVR before we go to bed.  The clouds have moved in and now the temperature is dropping.  Suppose to be in the 40s tonight.  I am not ready for the cold air coming our way for the weekend.  Suppose to be high of 50 all weekend.  That will be a shock from the nice 70s we have been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment