Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012 Monday Afternoon

Saturday afternoon we tried again to have lunch at the Italian Community Center and use our gift certificate.  Walked in the place and was told they are now closed on all Saturdays.  Went I asked him why he didn't tell us this last Saturday and that we had come again because the website still says they are open.  He had no answer so I asked him if there was a manager to talk to.  She was in the next office and she was nice enough to begin with, but then started making excuses.  I then said 'this really doesn't make us want to come back again', and the worker looked at me and said 'with an attitude like that we don't want you coming back'.  I freaked.  I stopped dead in my tracks out the door and looked at them both and said 'what, are you kidding me, I came here with an empty stomach for lunch, not here for attitude'.   The manager quickly apologized and worked hard to get the worker who made the comment out of the room.  The manager then said 'we will not be open on Saturday's anymore due to lack of business'.   I looked at her and said 'if you treat all your customers like this I can see why', and walked out the door with Tony.  We then had a great lunch a Bar Louie on Water Street.  Came home and since the garage door was giving us trouble we decided to go to Sears and look at them and maybe buy a part that is needed to fix it.  Well, this is Tony's project, fixing the garage door, and I could not believe that when we talked with someone Tony didn't even know what brand of opener we had much less the model number.  How the hell did he think he would get parts not knowing any of this.  Ended up going home and deciding to see what the Sunday newspaper ads have on sale since we might as well just buy a new one than try to figure out why this one won't work.  It is two years or more old.  Got Tony to go for a bike ride along the river around 4 PM and about half way through the bike ride he stopped and said 'don't ever ask me to go for a bike ride again.  I don't like riding bikes and it hurts my body'.   Wow, we are having fun now.  Rode home without another word.  Spent the rest of the day watching TV on the DVR and the movie After Dusk They Come.  Typical horror movie.  We did watch the last two episodes of All The Right Moves along with a few sitcoms from the week.  Went to bed around 10 PM after a little lovin.

Sunday we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  I did not see the raccoon Saturday night.  Left the house by 10 AM and had breakfast at IHop prior to going to Menard's.  Bought a new garage door opener and a few other items.  At this point Tony is not in a very good mood because he knows what he has in store for him the rest of the day.  I look at projects like this as fun.  He looks at them as a pain in the ass since he works all week and just wants to spend the weekends watching TV or napping.  I do understand, but things happen and need to be fixed around the house and I can not do it all.  I know my limits.  Now if I was single and had to get it installed, I would find a way to do it or pay someone I guess.  Tony worked on the garage door from noon until close to 5 PM.  I tried to help but each time, in time, he would just start swearing and telling me to just go in the house, 'I don't need your help'.  Funny, each time I came out he did need my help because I would see something he didn't do or did wrong and had to change.  He can be such an asshole sometimes, but he is mine.  Made some steaks on the grill and spent the night watching Amazing Race, Good Wife and Mentalist.  Around 8 PM the raccoon showed up and I watched him in the backyard for a while.  I then lost track of him and when I checked our side yard with the pond, where the poison pellets were, there it was looking for more.  So I know now the raccoon did indeed eat the poison but must have thrown it up or it hasn't killed it.  My neighbor did say she found this pile of something she has never seen before in her yard, so that might be what the raccoon threw up.  Hopefully it will still survive, but since it was back in that spot last night, in the side yard near the pond, I know he indeed ate the poison.  Chased him out of the side yard since I do not want him in here with my dogs.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Spent the morning doing things around the house inside and outside.  Pan fried some left over pizza from Saturday night for lunch, and took a nice long two hour nap with the dogs.  Will most likely spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and DVR the CBS TV line up.  It was in the 60s today in Milwaukee and cloudy.  Warm enough, but it gets cool at night in the 40s.  Suppose to be nice half the week, towards the end of the week it is to get much colder and feel more like Fall.  Feeling very tired today and feel like I could go right back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment