Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Last night we had tickets and went to see the play Memphis.  I enjoyed the play.  Tony was tired from working and did fall asleep at one point and I had to nudge him because he was snoring.  The wife of the couple that sits next to us, and has for years, always brings Tony and I a small bag of chocolates or holiday candy of some sort.  Last night was no different and we each got a small bag.  We laugh each time because we both look at the others bag to see if the other got more or something different.  She even looked at us last night and said 'they are both the same'.  It was funny.  Got home from the play around 10:15 PM and after watching about 15 minutes of the news we went to bed.

This morning I was up at 6 AM.  What a difference a day can make.  Yesterday I was so tired and dragged myself through the day.  Today I felt full of energy and made good use of it.  Read the morning newspaper and then decided to clean my bathroom.  I honestly hate cleaning the bathroom and Tony usually does it.  It needed cleaning and I broke down and did it.  After I cleaned the bathroom I spent an hour or so backing up all my music and picture files from the last year on to an external hard drive that Tony keeps at the shop and brought home the other day so I could update it.  I update it every January.  I keep this hard drive at the shop because I am always afraid we will have a fire or lose the hard drives here at home and loose all our pictures through out life and all the music files I have and listen to daily.  Around 11 AM I showered and then went for my usual walk along the river trails.  The ice has been melting and the formations are so beautiful from the running water in parts of the river.  Some areas are still frozen over from one side to the other, in some areas there is open water.  Got home around 1 PM and then got in the car and went to the hardware store with a light that I thought needed a new bulb.  Thankfully I was smart enough to bring the light unit along to not only make sure I got the right size florescent bulb, but that the problem was the bulb and not the unit itself.  Well, it was not the bulb, but the unit, so I decided to just throw the whole thing away and headed to Pick N Save.  Bought some milk and fresh fruit.   The clouds have moved in now and it should start raining in a couple hours.  Suppose to get a full night of rain tonight.  It should be snow for goodness sake, it is January in Wisconsin.  It was 40 degrees today and suppose to be close to 50 degrees tomorrow before a cold front comes through for the weekend.  We never had 40s or 50s when I was a kid in January.  The world is definitely warming.  We should be buried in snow this time of year and it will all be gone with tonight's rain.  Spent some time just laying on the couch with the dogs listening to music this afternoon.   Just put some pork ribs in the oven smothered in barbecue sauce for supper tonight.  Will make some potatoes and salad to go with the ribs.  I love ribs.  Will most likely spend the night watching TV from the DVR tonight.  I did call my HIV doctor today to set up my next appointment in June.  I asked what my percentage was and was told 25.  That went down one point.  I was increasing in every way up until this number.  It is still good, but wished for an increase in CD4 and percentage of healthy cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment