Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Called my mom around 4 PM yesterday afternoon and had a nice talk with her.  I do love my phone calls with mom and don't know what I will do when she is gone.  We are very close and I am so glad things are the way there are now.  Spent last night watching American Idol and then CSI on TV before going to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the early morning reading the newspapers.  I then started reading my blog from day one, so I could see how much my life has changed since those dark days.  Wow, was I a mess.  Read the first few months.  I can not believe how low I was mentally back then, four years ago.  I also was happy to realize how far I have come and how much I have accomplished since then.  I honestly thought my life was coming to an end when I found out four years ago I had AIDS.  I can see, by reading my blog, how much I have done and what a great life I would have missed if I had done something stupid or died.  As I read my posts I could feel what I was feeling back then.  I like to go back once in a while and read past years in my blog, which is another reason I put each year on hard cover book form.  It really is nice to see how much life I lived, life I thought I would never see.  Honestly, I look at every day and year as a bonus because if I had gotten this disease 20 years ago, I would be dead by now and it would have been a horrible, sick ending.  Showered around 11 AM and left the house around 11:30 AM for my board meeting with ARCW.  Had a good meeting and got home around 2:30 PM.  Will most likely, after I am done posting, relax on the couch with a magazine.  Making some chicken cordon blue and mac and cheese for supper with a salad.  Will most likely watch another night of American Idol tonight before we go to bed.  Got to 22 degrees today in Milwaukee.   It seemed cold but the worst is about to hit us.  The weather man says next week we will be in the singe digits.  That's cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment