Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24, 2013 Thursday Afternoon

Spent last night watching American Idol.  Damn do I hate Nikki on the show.  She acts like a spoiled brat who wants to do all the talking and get all the face time on camera.  I also can not stand her voice.  Wish she would have walked off the show and stayed off.  Went to bed around 9 PM for some lovin and then went to sleep.

This morning I woke up with a cough and felt sick.  Read a little of the morning newspaper and then went back to bed until around 11 AM.  Made a can of tomato soup for lunch and took a nice long bath.  The hot water felt so good but the bath was hard to enjoy.  Bo kept bring me a tennis ball and dropping it feet from the tub, and then would bark for me to get it and play with him.  I would have gotten mad if he wasn't so damn cute doing it.  Cut my bath short to get out and play ball with Bo.  Spent the afternoon finishing the book I started on Tuesday called Endal.  Great book and glad I read it.  It is the story of a family.  The husband injured in war with a head and body injury.  He had memory loss and could not remember his family or wife.  The book goes back and forth from the wife and the husbands perspective and what happens along the way.  Eventually they get a dog name Endal to help the husband since he can not walk or feel one side of his body.  The story goes on about the training of this dog and what he all could do.  Such a wonderful TRUE story.  Of course I was in tears by the end of the book knowing how it would end with the dog advancing in age.  The book did not mention his death, but I looked it up on the Internet and the dog died March 13, 2009.  I broke down in tears reading that on the Internet.  So sad.  Death sucks.  I will have to pass this book onto my sister and mom.  I think they will enjoy it as much as I did.  Made me think how lucky I have been to have had the best dogs in my life a guy could ever ask for.  My Buddy would have been a perfect dog to help the disabled.  I miss him terribly some days.  Now I am crying again, missing him.  After I post I will start making supper.  Making spaghetti, garlic bread and a salad.  Will most likely spend the night watching American Idol and then Glee before going to bed.   It got to 20 degrees today in Milwaukee, but still felt cold.  Plus feeling sick makes this worse.  I feel chilled to the bone and can't get warm.  I hope I am not getting the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment