Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30, 2013 Wednesday Afternoon

Tony got home from work around 5:30 PM.  Ate supper.  After supper right before Tony took his shower, when he flushed the toilet, it wouldn't stop running.  No matter what we did the water just kept filling the tank.  Must be broken.  Have to turn the water on an off under the toilet until Tony has time to fix it.  I have no clue, but I figure the entire flushing unit in the tank will have to be replaced when he has time.  Thankfully it can still be used and we have a second bathroom.  Spent the night watching TV from the DVR.  Mostly a few Hardcore Pawn shows we had been piling up on the DVR.  Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Thought I was going to start my day like yesterday, throwing up, but was able to keep everything down.  A few crackers helped.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Spent the early morning reading the newspaper and watching the news about the incoming snow storm.  What a difference a day can make here in Milwaukee.  Yesterday we were at 60 degrees and sunny.  Today we are at 28 degrees and have a couple inches of snow.  The snow started falling around 10 AM.  I was lucky to leave and do the weekly grocery shopping early and got home just as the snow started to fall.  Spent a little time on the Internet.  Was happy to see an email from the lady in the book called Endal that I read and wrote to last week.  Got her email from searching the web and wrote her last week.  Told her how much her book and story touched my life.  Was surprised to even get a response.  Took a nice long two hour nap with the dogs.  Got up at 2:30 PM and after a half cup of coffee I went outside to shovel the two inches of snow we got while I was sleeping.  It has stopped snowing.  Was suppose to snow all day and get much more snow than we got.  I am not complaining.  Suppose to get very cold now and tomorrow a high of 12 degrees.  Making some chicken cordon blue and rice for supper with a salad tonight.  We will most likely spend the night watching American Idol while the DVR records the other shows we usually watch.  Seems Tuesday and Wednesday nights are a big day for the DVR each week.  Sometimes the DVR is recording four shows at once.  Will most likely spend tomorrow in the house due to the cold.  No reason to go outside.   Funny, yesterday I had the pond pump going and today the pond is frozen over.   Still no rabbits.  I am sure a cat or something has killed them all.  It has been over a week since I have seen a rabbit and yesterday was nice enough for them to come out if they were still alive.  Like I said in an early post, I found some parts of a rabbit in the back yard.  Pretty sure it was a rabbit, but hard to tell from the small pieces of it around the yard.  Might sound weird to spend so much time worrying about some rabbits, but they kept me going for the last four years the month after I found out I was HIV.  Been watching them through the Nature Cameras I have outside for four years.  The rabbit I was watching daily was the third generation from the first one I say February 2009.   Before that, for the past 20 years, we never had any rabbits around the neighborhood because of the cats.  So damn sad a cat can kill them all in the neighborhood in a week.  There was even a story in the newspaper today about how dangerous stray cats are to animals outside.  Pisses me off, I don't let my four dogs run around the neighborhood.  I keep looking out in the bushes hoping to see one, but it has been over a week and I have to just get it through my head they are all gone and dead.   They brought a smile to my face daily as I fed them bread and carrots.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the rabbits. That is really sad.